Police kill WW2 Vet in Nursing Home

65fastback2+2

Established Member
95-year-old veteran John Wrana fought for America in World War 2, but he didn’t get a chance to die for his country. Instead, his country killed him with a beanbag shotgun blast to the stomach after a thorough tasering.

The incident began after Wrana, who uses a walker, refused a surgery at his assisted living home. He grew agitated at the staff for pressuring him for medical attention. He was a war hero and didn’t like being pushed around.

Soon the police arrived to subdue the senior citizen, riot gear at the ready to take on the wobbly old man. Conflicting reports have emerged between officers and staff, with the employees of the home reporting that they asked officers not to harm him and requested to intervene. Wrana suffered from ”degenerative disk disease of the thoracic and lumbar spine.”

Police decided instead to taser the war hero and follow it up with a beanbag to the guts. Officers reported that a knife had been pulled, but no knife was found on the scene. The police used a riot shield, shotgun and taser on a 95-year-old man in a walker who arguably presented no threat to anyone but himself.

“Police reported top hospital staff, according to records we received that they tasered John, but ‘the taser didn’t take,’ then proceeded to shoot John three times with bean bags in the abdomen and that John ‘was about five feet away’ at the time,” said Wrana’s family attorney Nicholas Grapsas.

Investigations are ongoing, but it has been revealed that the officers who shot him have received training about the use of bean bag shotguns. They are issued guidelines about specific factors to consider before shooting their target. One of their factors?

WW2 hero refuses medical care, so cops kill him in his nursing home | The Libertarian Republic

Judging from the old man having back issues and being killed, I am betting he actually pulled a cane on the riot geared officers.

Rip John

mavisky

Established Member
The over-militarization of the modern day police force is disheartening. Cities with 10,000 people have SWAT teams now and use them to serve basic warrants.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
And the list continues to grow...

I am not nor ever will be a leo so I guess I can't judge too much but seriously, if you feel the need to taser and then shoot a 95 year old unarmed man in a walker with a bean bag in order to subdue them you have issues.

I mean what did the person who called the police have to say to get them to show up in riot gear? Wouldn't surprise me if "WW2" and/or "vet" were thrown in there.

:(

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Guaranteed, you will have someone coming in to justify this. Very very sad indeed.

Sucks to be an honest and honorable police officer, carrying all that stigma from all the reckless pigs out there.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I'd be kicking my partners ass if he pulled something like this.

And I'd expect someone to kick mine if I ever did the same.

RIP John. Thank you for your service..

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
You know,
Ive noticed a trend. All this Cop brutality and excessive force has become the norm over the last few months. And what is happening to these officers? They are doing it all in the name of duty. They murder people in situations such as this, and there is no one held accountable or to blame for their actions. For @%!#'s sake! a 95 Year old man! My 87 Year old Great grandfather is Walker and Wheelchair bound! WW2 & Navy vet,retired pilot at that. The only knife ive seen someone at that age pull is a pocketknife to clean their nails or carve a stick! You gotta be kidding me if anyone thinks this is justifiable! They have the power to kill your grandparents and elders with NON-LETHAL Weapons! and worse yet,they have a uniform and badge that lets them escape any backlash or responsibility for the act. The more and more these scumbag cops are seen and heard of getting away with the unspeakable, the more common this will become.

Sick03Vert

Banned
What are we talking about today? Oh. :bored:

Yep. Can't tell by the way THAT article was written that the writer is clearly a biased, uninformed jackass. No way. :rollseyes

MFE

Established Member
The over-militarization of the modern day police force is disheartening. Cities with 10,000 people have SWAT teams now and use them to serve basic warrants.

But they are all Brave First Responders (tm) who are Heroes (tm) because They Put Their Lives On The Line For You Every Day (tm). The Important Thing Is They Went Home Safe To Their Families (tm).

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
RIP Mr. Wrana, thank you for your service. This story is absolutely terrible. Nobody should ever be forced to undergo medical procedures they don't want. Also, are the responding officers retarded? There is a good chance a 95 year old guy has a pacemaker and they attempted to taser him? Also, do they not understand that bean bag rounds are very destructive and easily could kill a feeble person? Could they have subdued him with a bowl of ice cream or a candy bar instead???

Interesting that the officers reported a knife was pulled by Mr. Wrana but no knife was found at the scene. This must be the first time in history that the police lied in an attempt to justify their actions...

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

Check out Waynesboro Virginia. HUGE swat force for a town no bigger than 4 square miles. Its ridiculous.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
:nonono:

Somebody please give me a reasonable explanation for why this would be necessary. The officers that did this deserve to be publicly hung and have their bodies desecrated for everyone to see. How in the hell could you ever bring yourself to tase a 95 year old man who poses NO physical threat AT ALL? Much less shoot him with ****ing bean bags. And people wonder why I have no trust in police. I am willing to bet that absolutely nothing at all happens to the officers responsible and they will continue happily with there lives, while a war hero is dead for absolutely no reason at all.

Users who are viewing this thread