Police Interceptor badge

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
I've never had an officer say anything about it, but I have had random people see it. My car has a Police Interceptor badge on it that I'm guessing the previous owner got off ebay or something. Any legal issue with this?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I don't think you have to worry about it as long as their are no blue and red lights on top or anywhere else and no markings on the car.

Lawman85

Banned
Yes, per U.S. House Bill 243.16, only authorized police vehicles may have the "Police Interceptor" badge on them. It is punishable by up to 2 years in jail and a $2000 fine.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
SinisterSHO said:
I've never had an officer say anything about it, but I have had random people see it. My car has a Police Interceptor badge on it that I'm guessing the previous owner got off ebay or something. Any legal issue with this?

None whatsoever!!

mvcrash

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Yes, per U.S. House Bill 243.16, only authorized police vehicles may have the "Police Interceptor" badge on them. It is punishable by up to 2 years in jail and a $2000 fine.

I thought it was House Bill 1369?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
My old FHP 5.0 had one on it. Been pulled over plenty of times and never had a problem.

In fact it usually helped the situation.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
On CVPIs, Ford calls the car a "Police Interceptor". It is OEM equipment. No problem there.

If you affix the word "police" to your own car..... I could see the argument being made against the affixer.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
sixt5 said:
former police issue cars are sold and their badges are still on them

yeah, our town just auctioned off it's older cruisers, just got a new fleet of Crown Vics and a Mustang GT Dare Car.
They auctioned the old ones with decals still on them, lol
lightbars gone, but the pushbars and decals where there. They did have them removed b4 the cars where delivered, but the pushbars and grill lights are still there and they work.

Users who are viewing this thread