Pole Barn Ideas....

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Pole Barn / Garage Ideas....

Hey guys,

I am looking into purchasing my first house and am buying a smaller less expensive one with a little bit of land so I can build a pole barn. I figure it's where I'll spend majority of my time anyways....haha

Anyways Im looking into 30 x 40's but would suffice with 24 x 36 perhaps. Not 100% on how much the house is going to run just yet after closing cost and everything but think I will be in the range to afford one of those sizes.

Anyways Im open to any and all ideas you guys have and if ya got some pics of different designs I'd love to see them....

Thanks

Last edited:

usmcrebel

Established Member
pretty much an open air barn with a roof held up by pole's

hince the "pole" in pole barn

CBrowning84

Established Member
pretty much an open air barn with a roof held up by pole's

hince the "pole" in pole barn

yep, pretty much! Basically an open, cheap building used to work on cars, store stuff, etc.

Here's a good example of the inside of a PB:
pole%20siding%203%20-%2011-12-07.jpg

I really don't see you doin much if any farming, Matt!!! ;-)

MikeW

Established Member
Oh a shed :lol: I get it now. At 1st I was thinking it was for storing strippers.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Oh a shed :lol: I get it now. At 1st I was thinking it was for storing strippers.

HAHA....yeah sorry "northern" term I guess....Yeah I just want to have something to mess around in. I have big truck that don't really fit in your avg garage right now so something with more space would be nice....along somewhere to one day add a another mustang would be nice after the truck is paid for....

Last edited:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Might want to check your local building codes to see what size you can build first. You may have size limitations, I know we do where I live. F'n Pricks.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Might want to check your local building codes to see what size you can build first. You may have size limitations, I know we do where I live. F'n Pricks.

Thanks for the info, I'll def look into it.....I dont think it'll be too much of an issue. It outside of city limits and there is 30 x 40 sittin the yard across the street. But will def get the details before rather than later haha....

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Thanks for the info, I'll def look into it.....I dont think it'll be too much of an issue. It outside of city limits and there is 30 x 40 sittin the yard across the street. But will def get the details before rather than later haha....

I here ya, I own 38 acres and can't have a garage more than half the square footage of my house. That put a damper on my plans real quick.

oldmodman

Established Member
If allowed, pole barns are a great idea.

I helped a friend's family build one years ago. It was huge. As I recall it was 100 feet by 60 feet. They kept two combines and several tractors in it.

They now have 14,000 acres under cultivation, a vineyard, five silos, and with two other farmers, a distillery for turning corn into fuel. And over a dozen huge pole barns.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
If allowed, pole barns are a great idea.

I helped a friend's family build one years ago. It was huge. As I recall it was 100 feet by 60 feet. They kept two combines and several tractors in it.

They now have 14,000 acres under cultivation, a vineyard, five silos, and with two other farmers, a distillery for turning corn into fuel. And over a dozen huge pole barns.

dayum! nice! I was just want like a simple 2 car garage setup...haha....My buddy in Kentucky just put a 40 x 60.....that thing is nice! But had a nice price to with it....I dont need anything that big! haha

Users who are viewing this thread