Polaroid Cube test, did a 40 mph pull in the Mach 1

DRK HRS

Established Member
Wanted to see how this Cube+ I picked up works on the car. The only problem is the curved lens. It makes it look like you're going slower lol. Like if you watch the SUV in the next lane it barely looks like I'm pulling away, but if you look at the trees and bushes on the right side or the road lines you get a better sense of how fast I'm going.

Also 2nd gear = wheel spin all day, it's cold out and I just have Nitto 555.

The camera is decent though, I picked this up for $80 on eBay brand new. It has wi-fi and a phone app and everything. Not a bad deal.

DRK HRS

Established Member
not bad. Any pictures or comment on the mount?

I didn't even get or need a mount. Turns out it fits nice and snug between the factory spoiler and the brake light cover. It's sitting on plastic, so nothing to get scratched. It's in there really tight. I'd feel comfortable taking this past 120-130 MPH.

Of course, if you want to get a different view yeah need a mount for high speed. The magnet is strong. I tried it on a different car, it didn't scratch and it held strong at 50 MPH but I wouldn't want to risk scratching the Mustang or having it fly off at higher speeds.

EDIT: The pic isn't embedding right for me, might have to click http://i.imgur.com/zp5FNq4.jpg

zp5FNq4.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread