Poking my head back in

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Hey guys/gals.. it's been a long while but I'm poking my head back in here.. I used to hang around here more back when I was still in Louisiana. 15 months in Iraq and a busy year later I'm checking back in. A few changes since I've been gone.. the Cobra has a 347 stroker in it and now runs 12's easily N/A!

Some pics..

DSCF1480.jpg

DSCF1479.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

DSCF1012.jpg

The '96 'vert is my wife's car..

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Welcome home, Aaron ... pretty sure I remember you.:rockon:

Still a beautiful white Cobra.:banana:

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Actually I haven't sprayed the 347 yet.. mostly happy running 12's so I haven't seen the need. I'm building a 351W powered footbrake/bracket race car out of a 95 Mustang so it should quell my need to go fast and keep me from breaking any more stuff on the Cobra.. I ran out of funds building it so it's just a girdled '71 block. I wanted a Dart Sportsman but the additional 2K into the motor woulda broke me lol.

Couple of pics of the "other" project..

DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1718.jpg

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1730.jpg

It's just a stock bottom end '74 351W with 190cc aluminum heads, comp cam, Vic Jr. intake, AED 750 carb, and a prepped C4 in a stripped car that should weigh below 3100 with me in it... RWHP should be about the same as my 347 but the car should be about 2 full seconds quicker :)

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
That looks great so far. I am doing the same but going back in with the 4.6 DOHC which based on cost is a dumb idea....lol
Wish I was as far along as you are

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Welcome back man and thank you for putting in your time in the service. I really appreciate your service and glad you made it back safely.

The Cobra looks great......for a 4x4!!!! :p Looks like it would be lots of fun

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Welcome back man and thank you for putting in your time in the service. I really appreciate your service and glad you made it back safely.

The Cobra looks great......for a 4x4!!!! :p Looks like it would be lots of fun

lol the Cobra actually has an Eibach Pro Kit on it now.. those pics were stock rear springs/HPM lowers (dropped a half inch) with Mach 1 front springs. It sits lower now but I want it a bit more in the front with a stiffer spring. H&R SuperSports are next in line. The biggest problem is that I have to do double work.. when I take the Eibachs off the Cobra, they get to go onto the wife's 'vert (which has Mach 1 springs on it right now lol).

Yeah the race car is a cost effectiveness exercise lol. I have about 6K into the whole thing including the cost of the car, and I splurged a thousand on the suspension (mmr coilovers, QA1 A arms, UPR Pro rear suspension w/ARB).

Users who are viewing this thread