PLZ Help guys

Evil homer

Established Member
Hay guys i have a 8.8 rear end on my cobra, I started hearing a loud grinding/howling noise on my car from the rear driver side :shrug: my guess is the caliper is stuck maybe any one have an idea ?

Evil homer

Established Member
so I have a little laser that reads temp and I got all the temps of my rotters after a lil freeway run all were 150 degrees but my left rear it was 300
so my guess is that the caliper is bad ? correct ??

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
so I have a little laser that reads temp and I got all the temps of my rotters after a lil freeway run all were 150 degrees but my left rear it was 300
so my guess is that the caliper is bad ? correct ??

Not necessarily bad.

Check the slider accordion boots. Make sure there is grease in them and the slider pins can move freely. If not, some high temp grease should fix it.

From this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/420425-rear-brakes-how-write-up.html

The slider pins hidden underneath the accordion boots should be able to move freely in and out. If one of them is stuck or damaged, you can get replacement pins from your local autozone for $5/set.

Most times when the caliper sticks and causes the rotors and pads to cause excessive heat, it's because the sliders are out of grease and causing the pins to seize.

:beer:

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread