PLX wideband with 4 cats

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
I purchased a PLX M-300 wideband and need to install the O2 sensor. PLX says it needs to be at least 24" from the engine block, and to install the O2 sensor between the pre-cat and 2nd cat. I know that you are supposed to have the O2 sensor before any of the cats, but on the Fox body with 4 cats (93 Cobra) there is no way to do that.

So, you guys that are running a wideband with stock Hpipe/cats, where did you install the sensor?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
IIRC, most install them in place of one of the stock O2's, in the stock bung. Does the PLX support narrowband emulation? I can't remember if they are the ones that do or not.

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
IIRC, most install them in place of one of the stock O2's, in the stock bung. Does the PLX support narrowband emulation? I can't remember if they are the ones that do or not.

yes, the PLX does support NB in the stock hole. I just didn't want to do that for two reasons. First, PLX want's it farther away from the engine than where the dtock bung is, and second, I didn't want to have to wire the controller to my EEC so it thinks there is still a stock NB in the hole.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
You need to go to a tuning forum and find out where real world people are mounting them - eectuning.org is good candidate, as well as several others out there.

I've not been on the tuning forums for a couple of years, so I'm not up with current setups.

I do know that it needs to be at as close to 12:00 in the pipe as possible, as water in the exhaust can and will damage it if allowed to collect in it.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
i mounted mine in the collector of my long tubes... if your running stock stuff just mount them in between like they say or if there is a good spot to mount them before the cats then do that. it's not that big of a deal really. you should put it at an angle, and not upside down so moisture and water doesn't sit on the sensor. just remember dyno tuning the wideband goes in the tail pipe... so it'll be ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread