plugs for these mods?

UVa SVT

Established Member
ok guys. I have a complete list of mods that will be installed in about 1 1/2 weeks:

4Lb lower + ported eaton
Dynatech headers and cat pipe
Magnaflow Catback
JLP crank case breather
2600 stall converter
JDM cone filter
LFP heat exchanger
JLP E-fan
JLP powerpipe
Accufab throttle body
JLP powercooler

I have IT-22's sitting here to be put in tomorrow... are those O.K. plugs, yall think? what should I gap them at?

I am in Houston (very very hot) if that makes a difference?

thanks guys

-Mike
:coolman:

P.S. I'm curious, if anyone has similar mods, what kinda power yall put out, and also track times.

Last edited:

UVa SVT

Established Member
I've looked at that before. I'm curious about the 4 lb + ported + all other mods in the Houston environment... also looking for a a definitive answer on plug gap.

-Mike

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Personally, I'd stick with what you got, and gap'em at .036

UVa SVT

Established Member
RT: in the same post on F150online a guy responded that I should have them gapped at .032. I'm a little confused as to why everyone says something different. do you have a specific reason why you choose .036? I'm new to spark plug talk--so please bear with me

-Mike

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Just wondering this:

What would a stock truck gain by using the TR5's. I've heard...better throttle response and it's still a colder plug then stock.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
My reasoning is that the chart only goes down to .036. That's really it. I closed mine with just a 2# to .038, which I think may even be a bit small for what I've got. I'd try that and see how she does. On the plug issue your going to get tons of varying respones as everyone has their own opinion. Only thing you can do is make an educated decision :) :thumbsup:
Red03SVT said:
RT: in the same post on F150online a guy responded that I should have them gapped at .032. I'm a little confused as to why everyone says something different. do you have a specific reason why you choose .036? I'm new to spark plug talk--so please bear with me

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread