plugs blowing suggestion?

LightningMAS

Banned
i am getting detenation, when im about to get into boost.. 0 vaccum.. line.. timing is at 16.. i pulled the plugs to inspect and all plugs except one doesnt have a knick on them electrodes... like the piston is hitting the plugs electrodes and causing lil knicks off the electrodes.. i got the A/F at 11.2-11.4 right before it detnated and truck ran crap.. does that mean the timing is high or to cold of a plug or what..???? i am using NGK BR7's gapped at .36

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You most likely have bad gas. It may also depend upon how many miles the plugs have on them. Under harder usage they should be changed at 10-15K. 16* isn't too high, I ran that for two years, you could back it down to 14* to be more safe. I had the same issue last summer and I pulled timing until I could change the plugs. IDK if it was the plugs or bad gas but it was cured.

LightningMAS

Banned
i just put these plugs in the same day i took them out to inspect them...

i filled up new gas from BP the same day to.. lol

this all happend yesterday.. oh well.. i went to napa to get some TR6's.. so now im changing back the BR7's to TR6's.. now im gapping the TR6's at .32 ima try these..

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Sounds like you got bad gas, if so changing the plugs won't help. Pull at least 2* global timing out until the gas is gone. Gapping to .032" is too close unless you're running 20+ psi of boost all the time. 16# and less boost gap them to .036".

Users who are viewing this thread