Plug Question...

Liv4Spd

Established Member
K here it goes...I have a Vortec S/C 93 Cobra that I've been having some ignition issues with. My original thought was “I’m just blowing out the spark because the ignition isn't hot enough“.... but then it occurred to me, I never really paid any attention to my plugs when I bought them. All I did was walk in and say "I want the TR6 NGK at 1 deg colder than stock" and then they handed me the plugs. So here’s my question, I know that 22's or 23's are generally what’s accepted as decent plugs for S/C applications, but I don't see anywhere on these plugs that suggests anything along those lines, the only thing that even resembles these numbers is in the center of the plug "right bellow where it says TR6 Vpower" is an engraving "K34R" Are these even the right plugs, are they stock temp, too hot, too cold??
Thanks in advance!

harleytruck9144

Established Member
i would say try two different plugs and see which ones you like better, the NGK BR7s or the Denso Irridiums... both very good, cold plugs that work well with forced induction systems! i would start with the BR7s since they are more cost efficient and see how those do... still having problems? move to the more expensive densos and you shouldnt have any problems with those (other than them being very brittle).

Users who are viewing this thread