Plug is oil fouled, what is it?

Dirty B

Established Member
Car has a KB and all the bells and whistles. I ran it hard and after I stopped I noticed that its smoking. Its white smoke and its not very heavy but is noticeable. I pulled the plugs and #3 is definatley burning oil, all other plugs looked good.

I am hoping its not a piston ring but from what I read it seems the only thing to fit the bill. Do you guys agree or could it be something else. The car is definately burning oil....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Sounds like ring damage to me, or maybe a valve seal.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Dirty B said:
Car has a KB and all the bells and whistles. I ran it hard and after I stopped I noticed that its smoking. Its white smoke and its not very heavy but is noticeable. I pulled the plugs and #3 is definatley burning oil, all other plugs looked good.

I am hoping its not a piston ring but from what I read it seems the only thing to fit the bill. Do you guys agree or could it be something else. The car is definately burning oil....

Do a compression check.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
I concure with the above opinoins...did I just say cocure? Anyway, do a compression check. Where in FL are you at?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Dirty B said:

Sounds like what happened to me as well. 2 nicely melted pistons, couple more with minor damage and one melted head. Do a leakdown test, but I hate to say it sounds like its time for a rebuild.

mosconiac

Established Member
I concure with the above opinoins...did I just say cocure?

That's all right 78mphgpr...we still respect you. Afterall, you may have said it but you mispelled it...TWICE! j/k

Last edited:

stangin

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Do a compression check.

Compression test will only show low compression when things get really bad.. you can have good compression, but still oil foul the plugs. You probably have ring breakage or piston scrubing.. You need to do a leakdown test and make sure the engine is warm when you do it. Sorry to hear that bro, but welcome to the broken engine club!

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
mosconiac said:
That's all right 78mphgpr...we still respect you. Afterall, you may have said it but you mispelled it...TWICE! j/k
That is terrible, I used up my brain fart for the day on that post. :bash:

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Sounds like a blown head gasket. The white smoke is the coolant being vaporized in the cylinder. If you have oil on the plug too its probably time to tear the engine apart the replace the whole set of slugs. If one is bad, theres a good chance theres more that are questionable. Good luck.

-pete :coolman:

Dirty B

Established Member
alex46stang said:
Take it to lamatta performance in longwood 434 and 17-92. 407-695-4549

they will take care of you.

thanks i have been told that they would do a good job. i am going to contact them next week....

Users who are viewing this thread