Plug gap @ 9psi?

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
My mods are in the sig, but I need to know what your recomendations plugs are. I'm not running water meth yet, and have no heat exchanger. I'm getting some detonation even after backing the timing to 14*. right now I'm running NGK TR6s gapped at 35. should I close the gap, open, cooler plugs? I I am also running the MSD 4 toweres if that makes a difference. I will be putting on the w/m, but not for a month. so right now I need drivability and I'm tired of runing race fuel.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
you should be running 1 step colder plugs. NGK makes a nice safe copper core plug. I believe yours takes the TR6.....Might wanna check that one though. Gap it at .035 with that amount of boost. Going any smaller will only hurt performance and its not gonna help your detonation problem it may need to have some timing taken out of it with a dyno tune....

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
LS1Killer said:
you should be running 1 step colder plugs. NGK makes a nice safe copper core plug. I believe yours takes the TR6.....Might wanna check that one though. Gap it at .035 with that amount of boost. Going any smaller will only hurt performance and its not gonna help your detonation problem it may need to have some timing taken out of it with a dyno tune....

I have the TR6s and they're gapped at 35. and the timing was backed out. to 14* I don't want to take anymore out because the power loss sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread