Plug and play options for Improved GT pumps and upgraded single FPDM?

cbehr

Established Member
Hello,

I didn't realize installing improved GT pumps required an upgrade in wiring until after I made the purchase. One of you was kind enough to provide the below link on upgrading the wiring. I'm a bit confused on this especially because I'm using a single upgrade FPDM from Black306. Is there no plug and play options for fuel hats and/or harness between the upgraded FPDM and fuel hat? Seem every single person who has installed larger fuel pumps has had to splice together larger power wires? I think I'm making this a bigger more complicated deal than it is or needs to be but messing with fuel makes me nervous!

01yellercobra

Established Member
You don't need dual FPDM's to run the GT pumps. The single upgraded FPDM should be good. I knew someone that ran just the upgraded FPDM with the old style GT pumps for a long time. I ran the same pumps with a stock FPDM and a wire upgrade in my 01 for years. But I don't know if the newer pumps pull more current. No, there isn't any kind of plug and play deal for the wire upgrade. I think the closest you'll get is Lethal's kit. It's really not that bad to install one.

Users who are viewing this thread