Please, would a Professional tuner on this site...

KEVINS

Established Member
Long story short I lost the tune that was in a car I purchased (Thanks to SCT Tech) so I paid $$ to get the tune for it back from the original dyno shop that tuned it. However, the name of this tune doesn't match any of the names of the two tunes that were originally in the SCT tuner so now I'm REALLY skeptical that I even have the correct tune.

Right now I have $0.00 to spend but is there a professional tuner on here that can give me their opinion on it before I install it back into the car? Maybe looking at it won't make any difference I dunno. All I know is that at some point when I have some $$ the damn car will have to go back on a local dyno just to get some pulls but nobody in this city can tune this car b/c it doesn't have FAST on it..aargg..

Anyone able to help?
ks

cj428mach

Established Member
.cef file can't be looked at, its encrypted. Is your car heavily modified? if not it won't be as big of a worry.

KEVINS

Established Member
.cef file can't be looked at, its encrypted. Is your car heavily modified? if not it won't be as big of a worry.

Yep, heavily modded. Twin turbo 720hp/720tq on pump gas, etc.
Maybe the encrypted file will have a different file name than the actual tune that I would see in the SCT Tuner which is why I see a discrepancy in the file names?

I don't want to change the tune at all. My concern is that I had two tunes that were in the SCT Tuner when I bought this car but none of these tunes match the file name of the .cef file I was sent that is supposed to be for this car.

Can the tune files that are in the SCT Tuner have a different file name than the .cef file or will they match?

ks

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Can the tune files that are in the SCT Tuner have a different file name than the .cef file or will they match?

ks

Yep, when I was getting remote tunes from Amazon, Rick would just title the tune file my name and some jibberish that didn't mean squat to me. When I'd load it onto my tuner I'd put a description that meant something to me "17lbs torco" as an example.

KEVINS

Established Member
Yep, when I was getting remote tunes from Amazon, Rick would just title the tune file my name and some jibberish that didn't mean squat to me. When I'd load it onto my tuner I'd put a description that meant something to me "17lbs torco" as an example.

That's good news then!
I'll have to wait until I get my SCT Tuner upgraded before I can load the file then.

I feel much better now..

ks

KEVINS

Established Member
What program do I need to open the .cef file to load it into the SCT Tuner?
Live Link won't open it.

ks

KEVINS

Established Member
The program needed to install the custom tunes on your x-cal is called SCT device updater.

OK.. thanks. Right now their software isn't talking to the tuner so once I get it back from SCT things should make more sense to me.

ks

jblood37

Established Member

^I do the same. I hope you get everything worked out op.

Users who are viewing this thread