Please Read-Warning

showtm490

Established Member
A buddy sent me this email.

During the next several weeks be VERY cautious about opening or launching any e-mails that refer to the World Trade Center or 9/11 in any way, regardless of who sent it. DO NOT OPEN "WTC Survivor" It is a virus that will erase your whole "C" drive. It will come to you in the form of an E-Mail from a familiar person. I repeat, a friend sent it to me, but called and warned me before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can't even start his computer!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Anything that starts out 'my ______ sent me this email' I usually disregard.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Steve beat me to the hoax thing, anytime you get those emails, the first thing you should do is check the internet to see if it's a hoax cuz I have found 95% of them to be. So unless I find it on some official site as being a worm or threat I don't take it to heart too much anymore.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Here's one I just received. I deleted it as it seems fishy.

URGENT VIRUS ALERT FROM SBC INTERNET SERVICES: DO NOT OPEN EMAIL FROM "ADMIN "

Dear SBC Internet Services Customer,

You may have received an email that appears to come from "[email protected]", "[email protected]", "[email protected]", "[email protected]", or similar address. This email is forged and contains a virus inside a file usually named "message.zip" or contains a subject line that includes the words "your account". YOU SHOULD DELETE THIS EMAIL IMMEDIATELY AND NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT.
Please do not respond to this message. For additional information, see <http://help.sbcglobal.net>.

Sincerely,

SBC Internet Services

I clicked on the help link as I was feeling daring just now and it went to a generic SBC Yahoo help page.
Anyone know if this is real or BS? My guess is BS.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Here's one I just received. I deleted it as it seems fishy.

URGENT VIRUS ALERT FROM SBC INTERNET SERVICES: DO NOT OPEN EMAIL FROM "ADMIN "

Dear SBC Internet Services Customer,

You may have received an email that appears to come from "[email protected]", "[email protected]", "[email protected]", "[email protected]", or similar address. This email is forged and contains a virus inside a file usually named "message.zip" or contains a subject line that includes the words "your account". YOU SHOULD DELETE THIS EMAIL IMMEDIATELY AND NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT.
Please do not respond to this message. For additional information, see <http://help.sbcglobal.net>.

Sincerely,

SBC Internet Services

I clicked on the help link as I was feeling daring just now and it went to a generic SBC Yahoo help page.
Anyone know if this is real or BS? My guess is BS.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/08/02/worm/

That one looks real

Users who are viewing this thread