Please Read***Survey***

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How many of you out there, are enticed into making a purchase, when a mail-in rebate is offered? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

David Hester

Established Member
Matt
I've found I spend more time and money on postage, mailing, collecting receipts, etc than I get back. (thanks for nothing, Castrol) . I'd rather just have straight up cheaper price.
Is $5.00 a tire (minus postage, time) really going to determine which brand I get?
No.
BTW. Hats off to Discount Tire. Wish I could remember all the folks involved, but I ordered a set of FR500 wheels and Falken RT615's online. It was a day or 2 before someone called, and said they didn't have in stock. Needed them for an autocross the next weekend (this was Tuesday). Ralph?? and Chris?? tracked down my second choice of wheel from another warehouse, got correct tires from a third, had them mounted, balanced and shipped in time to put them on car before I rolled it into trailer that Friday night. GREAT SERVICE!
Thanks.
Dave

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
well i already bought my tires, but the rebate thing for March made me order mine faster :D

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Personally I dislike mail in rebates, they take up my time trying to fill them out and in several cases I have not gotten my rebate at all and have had to call them up and waste more time talking to them. An item having a mail in rebate basicly wont entice me.

What will entice me to buy stuff/more stuff are things like

- Free shipping on orders over x.
- Free mount and balance with purchase of x.
- Buy 4 rims and get 4 tires 50% off
- Group buys
- Buy rims and get free stuff with it (ARP studs for example)
- Buy x tires xth one free/reduced cost.

those are just a few ideas. Sorry if I kinda strayed from your original question.

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Personally I dislike mail in rebates, they take up my time trying to fill them out and in several cases I have not gotten my rebate at all and have had to call them up and waste more time talking to them. An item having a mail in rebate basicly wont entice me.

What will entice me to buy stuff/more stuff are things like

- Free shipping on orders over x.
- Free mount and balance with purchase of x.
- Buy 4 rims and get 4 tires 50% off
- Group buys
- Buy rims and get free stuff with it (ARP studs for example)
- Buy x tires xth one free/reduced cost.

those are just a few ideas. Sorry if I kinda strayed from your original question.

Not at all, this is great information. Keep it coming people.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Not usually, mail-in rebates are a pain in the butt. It would have to be a substantial amount off for it to entice me into making a purchase.

MikeW

Established Member
A mail in rebate has never motivated me to a purchase. If it is not an instant rebate then it is no good to me. I hate messing with that kind of stuff. If I am purchasing it now why cant I get the discount now?

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Definitely not interested in a mail in rebate. I'd be down for a SVT Performance discount though! I have to order my KDW-NT's in the next few weeks.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I don't like mail in rebates either, they do nothing to entice me to buy. Like others have said free shipping, or a certain % off is what makes me buy.

Blown 89

Established Member
I've had good luck with mail in rebates so yes, I'm enticed if they're offered on something like wheels and tires that rarely go on sale. If I get the rebate great, if not I'm paying what I would have anyway so I don't care.

On a side note, I'd be more enticed to use them if your AZ stores had some FR500's I could see in person to use them on ;)

The stores can order them in for you so you can check them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread