Please help.....

CreativeCustoms

So Im having a issue with my L. When I start it it boggs out (stalls). And when you try to give It any gas it stalls out immediately. I did happen to unplug the MAF and It idles soot better and you can get the rpms up but it trys to stall. I have replaced the MAF and cleaned it, fuel filter, cleaned the IAC, TPS is fine. And all my exterior and Interior lights flicker to by the way. Don't know if that helps any.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

And if anyone is located near Fort Campbell, KY or knows of a shop please let me know.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I know this will sound way off----
But you my have an issue w/ the fuel pump. There may be blockage with the in-tank filter screen or the pump itself.
>
I had a similar issue with my L years ago, unfortunately I found this out after a $700 dealer bill along with them replacing something on the fuel pump assembly for an additional $30..... They claim there was blockage from debris due to maybe buying "dirty" gas and shipping my truck....
Plus the dealership never showed me the so-called damaged part....

Robert Francis

Established Member
If all your lights are flickering, I would suspect an electrical problem, starting with the condition of your battery, battery cables, fuses, grounds, etc.

CreativeCustoms

I checked all my lines at lunch and did not fine a vac leak but shouldn't the pipe to my egr get hot quickly(cant recall but i thought it did), that pipe never got warm.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I don't know about your light problem but the bogging sounds like the plastic "Y" in the fuel tank has cracked and one of the fuel lines dropped off. You can drop the tank or slide the bed back and pull the fuel hat to repair. LFP sells the SS Y.

CreativeCustoms

well i am leaning towards vac leak, since i was watching my boost gauge(aftermarket) start off at 20 vac the drop to 10 and bounce back and forth from 5 to 10 before it quits running.

Users who are viewing this thread