Please help!!!!

disasterpiece83

Got Beast?
Established Member
today i started the car and went for a cruise. laid into it a few times. on my way back home i started hearing a knocking noise. sounds like it is actually coming from the supercharger. the higher the rpm's the louder and more obvious the sounds get. what do you think the issue could be? no trouble codes. still drivable but i dont want to continue driving if im at risk of making it worse. never experienced this before but im sure someone has. thanks in advance to any help i might get.

S.C.

Established Member
Sorry to hear , Have you tried getting on Cobrabob's website . He has alot of Q and A on his site about the mustang cobra,sorry couldnt be more help.

bigmoose

Established Member
take the belt off of the S/C and give it a quick on/off to verify the noise if from the S/C. If it is, then pull it off and take a look.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Just putting some input on your situation. I drove my car one day didnt drive it hard but but did get some boost. That day it started knocking and upon taking the pan off showed the crank scared up and two bad bearings. Now im rebuilding. I hope your problem isnt what mines is/was but just wanted to give u a possible worst case scenario. Good luck with the diagnostics.

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Pull the blower belt off and start her up, see if the noise is isolated to the blower, if it is then its likely the rotors have starting moving around due to bad bearings and now their hitting one another.

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Pull the blower belt off and start her up, see if the noise is isolated to the blower, if it is then its likely the rotors have starting moving around due to bad bearings and now their hitting one another.

Users who are viewing this thread