Please HELP!!

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Well today on my way to work I noticed the truck started stuttering or missing every so often. I replaced my plugs about 2 weeks ago and changed my fuel filter 2 days ago. Other then that I havnt touched anything. I really need to figure it out quick, because Im leaving for a week to go up to North Carolina. Please let me know if you have any ideas that I could try. Thanks guys.

Tony

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
First thing is to check the sparkplugs. Make sure they are tight, and all the coil packs are seated properly.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
All you can do is check and recheck everything. I'd start with the plugs too since they were just changed. It might be a loose coil pack connector or something. Good luck.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
All you can do is check and recheck everything. I'd start with the plugs too since they were just changed. It might be a loose coil pack connector or something. Good luck.
+1, that's my bet.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:

+2

Where you going in NC?

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
yes, definitely double check the plugs/packs, since they were just messed with. maybe clean your MAF while you are at it.

00blacksvtl

Established Member
I am buddies with the guys at the Ford dealer here, but they can hook up their scan tool and power balance the engine, they did that for me when I had a miss and narrowed it down to a cylinder, but if thats not an option do what the others have said

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
What did you use for plugs? What were they gapped at?? Check the coil packs like the other guys said too.

MOORESPEED

Established Member
I used the NGK TR6's and gapped them to .36. One of my coil packs was loose, but still didnt fix the problem. Would bad gas do this also. My fiance used the truck and filled it up at a 7/11 were I noticed my truck ran like crap afterwards so I never went back there, but she didnt know. If it is bad gaswhat can I do? Should I go get octane booster, fuel injector cleaner, ect.. or what?

FordFanStan

Established Member
If it was bad gas, you should prolly get a water seperator/dryer liquid and add it. I cant think of the name right now damnit... my .02 cents, Stan

TXSVT1

Established Member
It could also be your valves. I remeber when my L started doing that I checked all the spark plugs and one had the tip missing. So I had to tear apart the block and found out that one of my valves had been bent.
Hope it's not this b/c it cost me a pretty penny to get everything done.
good luck

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Well if it ran like sh*t from the gas before then I'd say you answered it. I hope she put premium in it and you aren't feeling detonation related problems. Run the gas out, take it easy and put some good gas and then see how it does.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
TXSVT1 said:
It could also be your valves. I remeber when my L started doing that I checked all the spark plugs and one had the tip missing. So I had to tear apart the block and found out that one of my valves had been bent.
good luck
Damn I hate hearing stories like that. You guys get me scared with some of those storys. LOL :D

MOORESPEED

Established Member
TXSVT1 said:
good luck

Wouldnt it be missing all the time if that was the problem? Mine is missing about every couple of minutes. Well I had to go fill up today and also put some fuel treatment in her, so well see if its the fuel or not.

Users who are viewing this thread