Please help with brakes quick

97whitecobra

Established Member
My pedal on the old 91' 5.0 goes to the floor. I can pump it back up but if I hold it down it will slowly make it's way back down to the floor. I have bled them and refilled with new fluid but no luck. Any help would be great thanks.:beer:

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Sounds like there's a leak somewhere in teh brake line.

Do you have any crazy ex girlfriends?:-D

But seriously though, Check the brake lines to see if you're losing fluid. Also make sure the cap is secure on the reservoir and probably change the pads.

Good luck
Eric

97whitecobra

Established Member
I couldn't find any leaks. I pumped them for a while in my driveway but still no puddles that I could see. The cap is secure though also. Checking more tomorrow. thanks

i8u

Established Member
It could be "internally bypassing". Push hard panic stop style on the brake pedal. Did it go to the floor? Now push this time push the pedal slowly as if you were going to ride your brakes down a mountain. Does it go to the floor?

If it didn't go to the floor the time you pressed hard...... It means there was enough presure to push the secondary seal on the primary piston to seal like it should. ( maybe it is the primary seal on the sencondary piston....I have to think about it.)

Are you loseing brake fluid? Resivoir low? How do you pads look?

If you are defenately not losing brake fluid it could still be your master cylinder internally bypassing. If the seal mentioned above is damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread