Please Help! Who Can Rebuild My 3650?

brett3xx

Established Member
OK guys I really need some help. I so fetup with this transmission problem. Ok my girlfiend bout an 01 cobra with 18k miles on it. After about a week I noticed it would jump out of second every now and again. I talked to this guy locally and he said he could fix it for 300 and have it done the next day. I pulled it out and took it to him. Two and a half months later I get my trans back with all the pieces in a box, he said he cant do it. I took it some where else, he kept it a month. I got it back last night and put it in, I now have NO second gear, and fifth grinds!! Who can I send this transmission to that can fix it without charging me a fortune. PLease Help! This car is her daily driver and she we have been having to share my car. WE have to get this thing fixed. Thanks, Brett

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
That situation really sucks. I suggest taking your 3650 to your local scrap yard and getting out of it what you can. Then get a T56. And yes I am serious. General consensus of this board is that the 3650 sux and is not worth fixin.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
brett3xx said:
OK guys I really need some help. I so fetup with this transmission problem. Ok my girlfiend bout an 01 cobra with 18k miles on it. After about a week I noticed it would jump out of second every now and again. I talked to this guy locally and he said he could fix it for 300 and have it done the next day. I pulled it out and took it to him. Two and a half months later I get my trans back with all the pieces in a box, he said he cant do it. I took it some where else, he kept it a month. I got it back last night and put it in, I now have NO second gear, and fifth grinds!! Who can I send this transmission to that can fix it without charging me a fortune. PLease Help! This car is her daily driver and she we have been having to share my car. WE have to get this thing fixed. Thanks, Brett

I don't have a shop close to you to recomend, sorry...but I hope you didn't pay either of these two guys....

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
kxt said:
That situation really sucks. I suggest taking your 3650 to your local scrap yard and getting out of it what you can. Then get a T56. And yes I am serious. General consensus of this board is that the 3650 sux and is not worth fixin.

. . . but if you can't do that search around and see if you can find a used 3650 from someone who made the T56 upgrade or try to find a T45 which is also a direct swap.

. . . and yes, the 3650 is a piece of crap not worth the effort and money for fixing or rebuilding!

brett3xx

Established Member
yes I paid the guys to build the trans, and bought new parts. I got 500 in it. I bought a t45 yesterday evening, with B and M ripper for 700. It came out of a turboed saleen and was suppose to be built to handle like 600hp. Either way the car is back on the road and doing great. Thanks, Brett

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
brett3xx said:
yes I paid the guys to build the trans, and bought new parts. I got 500 in it. I bought a t45 yesterday evening, with B and M ripper for 700. It came out of a turboed saleen and was suppose to be built to handle like 600hp. Either way the car is back on the road and doing great. Thanks, Brett

Glad to hear it's back on the road, but you need to extract at least part of that cost from the other two clowns who yanked you around! :fm:

brett3xx

Established Member
im going to try. The second builder said to bring it back and hes going to check it out and see what the problem is. Maybe he can get it working so I can get rid of it.

Ellik

Established Member
Dont pay that guy another dime. If you have $500 into it at this point you're still probably looking at a loss when you go to sell it...... even if it is working.

Users who are viewing this thread