please help white smoke

KATARAX

Established Member
hello im new to this forum and i need help!!!

I just got done building my cobra motor and theres a cloud of white smoke upon start up.im am not sure if this is normal due to the assembly lube or theres something wrong with my motor.might i add the smoke goes away after a while but the smoke is really thick.also i have not tuned my ecu yet.i feel that it might also be that it is now stroked out to a 5.0 and that i have deleted all vacuum lines and emissions sensors.my nosy freakin neighbor is saying its burning oil but i really hope that prick is wrong about it.

can anyone please help me:shrug:

Last edited:

CJK440

Established Member
Does it smell sweet like antifreeze (assuming you are running some antrifreeze and not straight water)? White is usually coolant, gray is oil, black is to much fuel.

joshazis99cobra

Established Member
when you put your motor back together, did you forget to put in any parts. a buddy of mine did this and he forgot some type of oil splash shield and the oil started pooling in the lower intake

KATARAX

Established Member
thanks for responding.

I thought about that.but no,it doesnt have that smell to it.
its weird its my first engine build and it runs like a champ. no major issues when i first cranked it over whatsoever. Ive only driven it about 100 miles though.

Last edited:

KATARAX

Established Member
when you put your motor back together, did you forget to put in any parts. a buddy of mine did this and he forgot some type of oil splash shield and the oil started pooling in the lower intake

i dont think so.but i did cancel out allot of stuff like the intake manifold runner controls and all the emissions stuff like vacc lines and ect.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
well when you do the IMRC deletes and all tht other deletes i reallly reccomend a tune to make it run right, lol at the neighbor...they always give the best advice and input!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Could it be that your car is pointing towards the sky?

crazycarlo

Established Member
whenever i cleaned my heads the last 2 times i had them off the car it smoked a little when put back together im guessing it was burning the little pieces of carbon that i cleaned. Id get it tuned and then let us know what you find. You deff need a tune with the stroker and all the other stuff being deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread