Please help! side mirror parts

black 10th vert

Established Member
Ok, I have searched this site high and low, and have found several threads on the side mirror replacement (aftermarket Burco, since Ford no longer offers them). Well, I went ahead and purchased a replacement mirror for my passenger side, because like a dumbass, I accidentally caught the outside edge of the mirror on the opening of my garage while backing in. Anyway, the housing was fine, but for some reason the glass shattered. Upon inspection, I noticed that the swivel bar in the center of the mount had cracked/broken, and I somehow lost a piece to it, so I can't even glue it back together.:cuss: Does anyone know of a source for those internal parts, short of buying a whole new assembly? I called Hubcaps Plus (who was listed as a source for the Burco replacement mirrors), and asked if the option with the mount came with everything to attach it to the motor, and the guy I spoke to assured me that that was the case, so I spent twice the money for the "with mount" option. I received it the other day, and it is just a mirror glass with a plastic ring glued on the back (not even a whole backing plate like the stock one). So now I have a mirror that I could somehow glue back onto the assembly, but without that swivel bar, it will never be able to articulate to adjust :rollseyes:bash:.

If anyone can help me to find a source for these parts, it would be GREATLY appreciated! I would also be willing to buy these pieces if someone happens to have a broken side mirror assembly. My broken one is the passenger side, but I suspect that the internal parts would be the same for either one.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I noticed someone had some up on ebay last week , I would check it out

Thanks, I will check on there.

Stock mirrors at a salvage yard?

I had thought about that, but it would have to be a similar type power mirror, as the standard Mustang ones weren't power, or folding, so the mounting parts would be different.:(

There are two mustang salvage yards in Georgia , MPS and Prestige .

Thanks, I haven't checked with them yet. I was hoping someone on here might have a broken one from an accident, or something, so I could buy those internal clips, and not have to buy the whole assembly - especially since I now spent another $60 on the replacement mirror, that I can't use without those broken clips.:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread