Please help! Passenger side header flange gasket (at collector)

Twisted2

Established Member
I'm actually stuck at a shop right now with the H pipe off the car, and a gasket that is ruined. I'm hoping to get real lucky and find one today, asap. The dealer can't have it until tomorrow. Does anyone know of a source for this part in the Philly area? Kind of desperate. It's the weird oval shaped gasket between the header and H pipe. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Twisted2

Established Member
Fel Pro 61203, check your local autoparts store.

Excellent info. Thanks for the quick response. My parts store just ordered a gasket from a random catalog. I'm concerned though because another parts store had ordered me a gasket from a random parts catalog on Friday. When I got the gasket, for some reason, it was the right shape, but instead of metal, with thick crush material in the center, it was a simple, flat, fiber gasket. The mechanic installed it, but obviously, it leaked worse than the damaged one I'm replacing. Any idea why I got a gasket that was the right shape, but the wrong part? Lol. Why does that paper gasket even exist?

Anyway, I'm going to call and see if what was just ordered may have been the part you mentioned. Thanks again for you help!

T.Bone

Established Member
Advanced Auto in my area carries the metal one, I just purchased one last week for my sons 97.

Do you have a Advanced local?

Twisted2

Established Member
Advanced Auto in my area carries the metal one, I just purchased one last week for my sons 97.

Do you have a Advanced local?

Thanks, T-Bone. Yes, there is one in my area. I'll check on that next. We've ordered one from the dealer, that should arrive tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed; so far I've gotten two paper gaskets from two different parts stores, and this morning, the dealer sent the wrong gasket altogether. Having terrible luck with such a simple thing.

Users who are viewing this thread