Please help me decide a price!!

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
I'll be looking to sell my Mach (really) soon and I need some help with the price...

110k+/- miles on the engine & body. New(er) Trans Replaced by Toms Ford in Keyport NJ. 2 years or so ago. I could get the exact mileage on it, but it was a brand new Ford replacement, not a rebuild.

03 Cobra IRS

BRAND NEW Slotted rotors, with Hawk pads all the way around broke them in and bedded the pads. Maybe 500mi since installed.

Steeda Oil Separator

MM Differential Bushings

SOS Gauge pod with Ford Racing Water temp/Oil Press

Shrader Rear Seat Delete kit

Mach 1 Trunk Lid Cover lit in Blue LED's

Polished Magnaflow Catback

Off Road X Pipe

MM SCCA LEGAL Bolt in Rollbar with Diagnal bracing with Driver & Passenger harness

MM Caster Camber Plates, front and rear alignment set for great handling.

Frame Connectors

H&R Full Race Spring

D-spec Shocks/Struts fully adjustable

MM Solid Steering Shaft

MM Steering Rack Bushings

Poly Sway Bar End Links

Poly Sway Bar Bushings

MM Urethane differential Bushings

Spec Clutch/Aluminum Flywheel

MGW Shifter, still feels like new!

Roy's Intake Spacer with Rich1's Shaker mod

C&L Intake Tube to a stock airbox with a K&N

Over sized Aluminum radiator with polished aluminum overflow tank.

Car has been tuned, comes with the SCT Hand held locked to it.

I have a ton of other parts that will go with the car, if they are not sold before I list it. Including more performance parts, as well as another set of Race Rims/Tires

Now...

The paint isn't perfect, but looks good. The engine and interior are super clean but not perfect. The engine is always clean and detailed NEVER dirty. NO LEAKS ANYWHERE! Just changed the plugs/oil topped off fluids.

Not that it matters, but it has won numerous NMRA Car show awards both at Bradenton & Atco as well as local shows and Fords @ Etown. Featured in March '09 MM&FF as well as a cover shot (Tiny, but it was there haha) The car is ALWAYS show clean and ready. Currently garage kept but spent most of it's "life" as a daily driver parked on the street. It's been driven in Rain, Snow, Sleet, Hail and every other element.

Here is the catch. I do have a bottom end noise that has been there for a while and it comes and goes. I've had JDM in Freehold NJ take a peek at it and they could not pin point exactly what it was without a tear down which I can not afford to do and since it drives fine regardless, don't care to do. i could easily dump in some thick *** oil and sell it without disclosing this issue, but I choose to let it be known, as I hope some one would do the same for me.

I won't pretend, I've driven this car the way it was meant to be driven. I hillclimbed it with the PHA, and it's been on the Englishtown Raceway Park Road Course for hours on end. Didn't really drag race it to much, but when I first bought it, I did get a 13.2 out of it.

Other then this noise, the car runs PERFECTLY. Only thing I can think of it needing at this time, is a fuel filter which I'll be doing within the next few weeks.

Here are some pics of the car, PLEASE help me decide a price, and anyone feel free to make me an offer.. I've also included my Youtube Channel.

Youtube Channel
[ame="http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106614"]Brake pictures[/ame]
MM&FF
Trunk
RSD&Bar

RcodeStang

Established Member
Between the rollbar and bottom end noise I think it will be a hard sell. Why are you looking to get rid of it? Moving on to bigger and better things?

NJ 03Mach1

Established Member
The bar is bolt in and can be removed easily.

Looking for something I can either turn into a race only piece, or what I really want is an INEX Legends Car to hillclimb.

NJ 03Mach1

Established Member
List or PM, doesn't matter.. I'm trying to get an idea on what to ask. I won't be insulted at prices, or offers.. I understand it's got issues and I'm willing to take that into consideration..

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I would price it at 11,500 or so.

Reason for my pricing:
. Amount of miles
. Engine will need to be rebuilt in the time coming
. It has been raced hard
. Good amount of useful and normal aftermarket upgrades
. Good seller
. Definately shows me that It definitely could handle itself on the track
. And a great base for someone else to start at.

NJ 03Mach1

Established Member
Really that high?

Then for what I was "thinking" it should be a steal haha.. Waiting to see if anyone else chimes in..

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Considering that the Cobras usually have the retaining value near 19k, I would think a similarly modded Mach 1 would hold its normal value as well, not near as much as a cobra but something of it. I would start at that price and work your way down slowly.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Thats high i would say. A good running car with less miles will prolly go for that. I have seen machs with over 100,000 mile go for like 8 to 9000.

as a starting price, We as Mach owners can help reset the value of our Machs by keeping a decent price up just like the cobras. There is a differnece between cars that are KB valued and stuck there, and then you have the aftermarket built cars for sale. Its not really a valued difference, but we can make there be if we do not climb the prices absurdly, but at a decent value.

TheMrMach

Established Member
how much for the rollbar ;)

hahahaha

I'd probably shoot for a fire sale at less than 10K..... I pondered selling mine for 9500 and it has way less miles and not as serious issues as yours

Last edited:

NJ 03Mach1

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. Had some issues on the home front, so right now it's on hold... I'll see how things play out and go from there..

Users who are viewing this thread