Please help me buy a new GT500

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Hi Folks,

I'm searching for a new GT500. Ill be trading in my 2011 GT. I really want a Convertible with NO options. I don't want track pack or Nav or anything! I'd be happy with a coupe too. I just want the "stripper" version.

If anyone can give me a helping hand by directing me to someone who will give me the best possible deal in the current marketplace, or refer me to someone who will factory order, that'd be great! I actually prefer factory order, but I really want to trade the 5.0, and that would be easier with an "on the lot "car.

I'm having trouble getting a feel for current dealer inventory. Also, I'm in Southern California.

Please help, it's time for me to get back to SVT. Thanks.:burnout:

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
most of the allocation is now gone. We just received our last Shelby, unfortunately it's a Coupe with some other options added.

I just did a search for every dealer in the country, 13 or 14, convertible with no svtpp, nav, or shaker pro audio. not 1 available in the entire us, either year.

tw0scoops

Established Member
My one piece of advice is start looking now through Oct. I got mine around October and I got a great deal because the dealer didn't want the Shelby sitting on the showroom floor all winter(people sitting in it and touching it and stuff). Plus dealers generally dont want a 60k car sitting around for 6 months until the weather warms up and people start shopping for fair-weather cars again.

I got mine with 700 miles or so on it for a few thou under MSRP

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
700 miles new? That dealer is an idiot to put that kind of mileage on a premium car. They are lucky they were able to sell it in fact.

My Raptor had 83 miles on it when I bought it, but it was at a Colorado dealer, then somehow ended up at a dealer in San Antonio.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
700 miles new? That dealer is an idiot to put that kind of mileage on a premium car. They are lucky they were able to sell it in fact.

My Raptor had 83 miles on it when I bought it, but it was at a Colorado dealer, then somehow ended up at a dealer in San Antonio.

:lol:

I had a 2008 that I put 4950 miles on...

72SBC

Established Member
Good luck trying to get a bare bones car. I think besides myself there is only a handful stripper cars. With out an allocation I would think it's next to impossible to find.

hockeylover86

Established Member
Good luck trying to get a bare bones car. I think besides myself there is only a handful stripper cars. With out an allocation I would think it's next to impossible to find.

I agree, I ran into the same thing. I think dealers are wanting to use the last allocations on optioned up cars to both maximize profit and capitalize on desirability.

Unless you get an allocation to order to, you likely won't find what you want on the lots...

tw0scoops

Established Member

Ha! No, 700 miles used. But still looked and smelled like it was fresh off the truck. Someone bought it, had it 6 months, and sold it back to the dealer. He was more of an import guy from what I hear. His loss, my gain.

And yeah, tough to find a stripper car. Mine came with the perf pack and nav. Didn't really need either one, but for the price it was a steal.

Last edited:

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Thanks for the replies.

How much longer is Ford going to produce GT500s?

Also, is there a good data base to search for GT500s? The Ford website is a pain.

TIA.

tw0scoops

Established Member
Thanks for the replies.

How much longer is Ford going to produce GT500s?

Also, is there a good data base to search for GT500s? The Ford website is a pain.

TIA.

2014 is the last MY for the 662hp beasts. Who knows what SVT is coming up with next. Last I heard they were going to be lightening up the next group of Cobra's, probably with less HP. "GT350"'s name was tossed around as well as 450-500 NA HP. But nothing is confirmed, at least from what I've seen. Bottomline I think the GT500s are done for now.

Maybe have a Ford Dealer search for you. They probably have a better system, I would hope, than what is used by customers.

ponygirl06

Established Member

reason4treason

Established Member
you can contact [email protected]

he's in Albuquerque, NM and his name is Jeff B.

his username over on team Shelby is also HyperStangs. he says he buys allocations from other dealers. Rich-Ford is a dealership in Albq.

no-option coupes are rare but I have seen them. I have never ever seen a no-option vert listed anywhere last year or this year. for the extra money on a vert, you could stand to get a few options on a coupe and that way make it easier to find a car. Metro Ford in Mass has one that I think only has glass roof. that might be a livable compromise for you and it's actually rare to find a low-option car with a glass roof. you could just sell your car locally.

so how many dealers have you contacted in your search?

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
like I said

there are 0 no option cars available

none, nada,

I search the entire country, if you refine options, some could pop up, but none available on a lot.

most allocations are done and gone, chance of ordering one now like that is about a nil

hockeylover86

Established Member
like I said

there are 0 no option cars available

none, nada,

I search the entire country, if you refine options, some could pop up, but none available on a lot.

most allocations are done and gone, chance of ordering one now like that is about a nil

There is a dealer in Southfield MI that list this one on their website inventory...

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8JZ0E5228572

I looked at it in June and they had a 5K ADM at that time

reason4treason

Established Member
look in the Marketing section. a few days ago a guy listed an allocation in Michigan.

about a week ago I listed a 2-option vert that a dealer says he will sell at 59,4xx. that's the equivalent of an msrp no-option vert. i think the 2 options are elec pkg and shaker pro.

hockeylover86

Established Member

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
you can contact [email protected]

he's in Albuquerque, NM and his name is Jeff B.

his username over on team Shelby is also HyperStangs. he says he buys allocations from other dealers. Rich-Ford is a dealership in Albq.

no-option coupes are rare but I have seen them. I have never ever seen a no-option vert listed anywhere last year or this year. for the extra money on a vert, you could stand to get a few options on a coupe and that way make it easier to find a car. Metro Ford in Mass has one that I think only has glass roof. that might be a livable compromise for you and it's actually rare to find a low-option car with a glass roof. you could just sell your car locally.

so how many dealers have you contacted in your search?

Very few dealers. I'm just getting started.

Users who are viewing this thread