Please Help..I Have Looked And Search And No Help

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
ok this started with my truck yesterday after my dad drove my truck to put some gas in his chainsaw..idk why he had to use my truck but anyways..he used the truck first thing in the morning and i heard him crank the truck up and he did NOT let the truck warm up or even idle down like it was suppose to..soooo later on that night was the first time i drove it to go get my girlfriend and it drove like BOOTY!! first of i believe my coils have gone out on me :uh oh: but i am really hoping it is a spark plug..but anyways back to the story..when i'm barely pressing the gas to go(going maybe 5-10 mph)..the truck starts hesitating and stuttering very badly (i read about the stuttering on the forum) but it drives fine on regular speeds and highway..but also my speedometer seems to be very off now is i try to floor it..also my boost gauge is acting crazy..oh and this is what i searched and couldn't find-----> my supercharger seems to not be kicking in or anything :cryying: .. its not making no type of noise..the truck is acting like some very bad gas is in it..so i've been trying to burn my gas out all day today and it seems to not be going down and i have been gasing it everywhere to make the gas run out..but i started the day at half a tank and now only maybe 3 cm down from that now..its funny because when i dont want to waste gas, it seems to burn out very fast..can someone please help me..oh a sidenote i called one of my ford dealers and they said to come in for a diagnostic and that is 94-100 dollars..but none of this have thrown a check engine light on :??: .. someone please help because i'm driving to NC for the weekend..and i don't want this to be in my way..even if it is a spark plug or bad coils..do you guys think i can make it to North Carolina from Augusta, Georgia and back without any problems..and just take it easy on the road and no goofing off? (sorry if this is out of whack) i'm just nervous and scared..it seems like the love of my life is giving up on me lol..Please Help Everyone..please

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Well, from what you are saying. It does sound like a bad coil pack. I had the same experience about 3 years ago. Same things as you described. I took mine to Ford. It was a bad coil pack. It ended up costing me around 225.00 when it was all said and done.

It was the last coil pack on the passenger side. The one near the fire wall.

I think a single coil pack was like $ 73.00.

b4three

b4three
Established Member
It definetly sounds like a misfire in one of your cylinders. Most likely a coil.....I just had coils 4 & 8 go bad on me recently. My truck was acting just like yours, except mine was missing at any speed off and on.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Check basics first. Battery connections good? A weak battery will wreak havoc on modern EFI systems. Check all your vacuum lines also, make sure the boost actuator is working. Most problems are usually simple to fix.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I'd do what Fade said first.
Then make sure you pull all spark plugs.
When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

Also look at your boost actuator at idle. Is it up? is should be. Then under boost it should drop down.

I would not recommend driving it until its fixed, you can only make things worse, and make you a member of the blown motor club.

Easy way to test coils is to start truck up.
Pull one coil pack at a time, you should hear a small change in the idle.
if you do not, put that cop back on and do the same to the next. If the idle does not change when you pull it, try swapping it with another coil pack and test again. if idle does change, you found your bad coil pack.

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
I'd do what Fade said first.
Then make sure you pull all spark plugs.
When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

Also look at your boost actuator at idle. Is it up? is should be. Then under boost it should drop down.

I would not recommend driving it until its fixed, you can only make things worse, and make you a member of the blown motor club.

Easy way to test coils is to start truck up.
Pull one coil pack at a time, you should hear a small change in the idle.
if you do not, put that cop back on and do the same to the next. If the idle does not change when you pull it, try swapping it with another coil pack and test again. if idle does change, you found your bad coil pack.

i have not changed the fuel filter since i have had the truck at all..i'm going to check on my boost actuator to see if it is up

MJG

Established Member
Changing the fuel filter is a must regardless of troubles or not.....I change mine out every 2nd oil change.

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
omg..umm when i just went out to rev the truck up..my boost is not moving at all..is that bad?? and the vacuum goes up a little..but usually it get into the boost when i rev..but i am going to drive it to NC anyways..and if something happens i have roadside assistance .. but hopefully my girlfriend and I will be fine..but my dad is going to put a new fuel filter on tomorrow he said..also me and my buddy are going to clean my intake filter tomorrow..(his L blew another head gasket the other day) oh and another thing my dad just told me..the left over regular gas (87) that wouldn't go in the gas can for his chainsaw..he put it in my truck..soooooo i have a feeling that was what caused this..because it didnt start happening until he did this to the truck yesterday

Last edited:

jaymz

Established Member
but my dad is going to put a new fuel filter on tomorrow he said

another thing my dad just told me..the left over regular gas (87) that wouldn't go in the gas can for his chainsaw..he put it in my truck..soooooo i have a feeling that was what caused this..because it didnt start happening until he did this to the truck yesterday

Ol' Dad sounds like he's dangerous. Scares me to think of him running a chain saw....

For sure wouldn't let him change the fuel filter. Does he have a clue that he'll need a special tool to release it from the gas line? He'll probably just cut it.

Do NOT let him near your truck again.

Jim

nailman28

Established Member
mine did the same thing and i pulled the valve covers off and had broken valve spring on #4 cylinder which is so ez to get to lol

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
Ol' Dad sounds like he's dangerous. Scares me to think of him running a chain saw....

For sure wouldn't let him change the fuel filter. Does he have a clue that he'll need a special tool to release it from the gas line? He'll probably just cut it.

Do NOT let him near your truck again.

Jim
lol..but it's cool..my warranty when i bought the truck is still ok..soo what i am thinking is just to take it and get it done after i come back this weekend

mine did the same thing and i pulled the valve covers off and had broken valve spring on #4 cylinder which is so ez to get to lol

i don't have any space to pull my engine apart lol..we have NO garage anymore:mj:.......but when i'm slowly accelerating the truck is not stuttering anymore..IDK WHAT'S GOING ON:cryying:

1990stanggt

Established Member
Personally I think you should be a little more careful with this, driving it a lot while it is like that is NOT a good idea as mentioned before. Do as MMshaggy said and you should easily be able to see if it is a bad coil. He didn't mention in detail but I think he means to pull the electrical connection to them one at a time and see if the idle changes, if it DOES NOT change, you've probably found your problem! Good luck with it!

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
Where is your warranty from/through?
the warranty is through dodge..they have no choice but to fix it..read my warranty and everything..and my engine is COVERED

Man that sucks. Hopefully you get it figured out
thanks man

Personally I think you should be a little more careful with this, driving it a lot while it is like that is NOT a good idea as mentioned before. Do as MMshaggy said and you should easily be able to see if it is a bad coil. He didn't mention in detail but I think he means to pull the electrical connection to them one at a time and see if the idle changes, if it DOES NOT change, you've probably found your problem! Good luck with it!

well i believe i shouldn't drive it at all..but i'm babying it like crazy..i need to do what shagg said do..and thanks on the luck..i just don't know what else to do other than taking it in to dodge for them to fix..but wouldn't it be hard for them to fix if it's not a dodge? lol

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
i wouldnt take it to dodge ill just save $$$ or something and take it to ford and have a SVT technician work on it!

Z7What