please GOD help!!!!

98svtconvert

Established Member
i have been trying to figure out what is wrong with a co-workers 99 F-250 diesel. it has a slight miss at idle and has been losing power. it is poping codes for the #8 and #3 cyls and the exhaust pressure sencor. we swaped out the eps with a known good one from another truck and it made no difference. passed buzz test just fine. some mech told him it was the injector comp so he bought a new one. waist of money. didn't do anything. so he brought it back to me to continue but i am out of idea's. had to send him home with a still messed up truck. any help or idea's would be wonderful. thanks in advance.

Justin

Last edited:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
It's my opinion there is no better tech to be found than at PowerStrokeNation.com and Ford Truck Enthusiast (aka FTE) at http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

TDS (The Diesel Stop) is a good place too, but the cream of the crop broke away from TDS and formed 'Stroke Nation, where tech is a 7 course fine dinner.

I'd rank FTE up there with PowerStroke Nation.

Stewart

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
with the engine running remove the oil fill cap and see how much blowby is coming out of the engine, if there is alot you probably have a compression problem, if it passes the buzz test its not an electrical problem. make sure you have about 60 psi fuel pressure and good oil in it and then check compression, it should be 400 psi or within 50 psi. look at the blades of the turbo, if they are strait your compression is probably good. if they are rounded off from dirt due to a junk airfilter housing its probably compression. if all is good replace the injectors. the ebp sensor dosen't do much on a 99 diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread