Please Explain Scientology To Me...

Marc

Established Member
So I read in the news of "King of Queens" star Leah Remini is leaving the Church of Scientology after decades as a member. She is supposed to be writing a "tell all" book in the near future. Just a quick google got some weird facts (fact or fiction...I don't know) which included beliefs about aliens starting the population? :wtf:

Anyone have any experience in this religion?

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Here's the short definition. Scientology: a religious system based on the seeking of self-knowledge and spiritual fulfillment through graded courses of study and training. It was founded by American science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–86) in 1955.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
If that name rings a bell, it's because of a movie from several years ago. Battlefield Earth. The movie was AWFUL. The book it was based on was pure sci-fi genius though.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Either it was aliens or panspermia. Ive said enough.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Here's the short definition. Scientology: a religious system based on the seeking of self-knowledge and spiritual fulfillment through graded courses of study and training. It was founded by American science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–86) in 1955.

Nuff said

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It was designed to make a ton of money. It succeeded.

This is a common denominator of religions. Money is power, power is control , control over more people and their money.

Event he Buddhist know how to suck a penny through the eye of a needle.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Religious leaders are all about some $$$$... Look at the Catholic Church. It is the wealthiest organization in the world...

NinjaBum

Established Member
I actually saw that South Park episode...so that was spot on?

I also saw the one that made fun of the Momon religion and laughed my ass off.

Yes. They obviously oversimplified some things but it's all spot on. Same thing for their bits on the Mormon religion you saw.

Users who are viewing this thread