Please, all the responsible firearm owners come together with me...

FordFreak

Established Member
This is my passion and I work very hard at doing what I can to stop the bastards from taking away our right to bear arms.
The assault weapons ban is soon to sunset in 10 days. I would like for the firearm owners on here to spread this website around to friends and family.
The site is very informative and explains that the ban does nothing to deter crime.
I also ask if you have time, to write our officials. Here are some boilerplates you can send. You don’t even have to spend the time to type.
Thank you if you are able to help.

Site: http://www.awbansunset.com

Letters: http://www.awbansunset.com/writeofficials.html

Scoreboard: http://www.awbansunset.com/scoreboard.html

Last edited:

Rio

I own many firearms, as well as a concealed weapons license........

I enjoy shooting, and carry when i feel it's necessary......

It's a shame that the public doesn't know more about the assault weapons ban, because there is very little "assault" associated with the law itself......

for instance, when has a "drive by bayonat-ing happened? mayn people see "assault" in the law's name, and think "it must be bad"

this will be moved, I hope you know......

i support the sunset of the AWB, and I do so as a responsible firearms owner

:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

FordFreak

Established Member
I hope it is not moved. There is A LOT of traffic that flows through this room. Hope an admin understands what I am trying to present.

:)

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Guys,

I have about 20 issues I feel as strongly about. But I don't think this is the place. That's not why people are here, and getting into this stuff will cause controversy. Not everyone agrees with you. Not everyone agrees with me. I'm here for the cars.

FordFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by PhillyCobra
Guys,

I have about 20 issues I feel as strongly about. But I don't think this is the place. That's not why people are here, and getting into this stuff will cause controversy. Not everyone agrees with you. Not everyone agrees with me. I'm here for the cars.

That’s totally understandable. I didn't post here to start a debate or gather everyone’s opinion. I just wanted people to read the links. That's all. I just want to feel like I'm doing everything I can for something I believe strongly in. I believe there are A LOT of firearm owners on these boards, so that’s why I posted here.

:beer:

Rio

Originally posted by jordanvraptor
It's ten weeks not ten days by the way. The question is, even if it does expire, will manufacturers start restoring the weapons to preban design....?

huh? they're pre-ban design now........

edit: i re-read that, and you're right.....i confused myself for a minute...i appologize...:beer:

not trying to slam, but the "sunset of the AWB" makes a few rules go away, it doesn't make them "happen".....

thats why i knew this would be moved eventually.......

I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone (read my first post).....

People are allowed to disagree... :beer:

those who are anti-gun should read what the law actually prohibits......many stupid issues.......but again, everyone is allowed an opinion and a vote :)

71stang99

Established Member
I own many guns and I cannot believe that the Constitution can be superseeded by another government entity, this is just another eradication of our rights and I support any movement thats against those rights guarenteed within the Constitution

PonyXpress

I have yet to figure out how a president is conservative when he has said in the past that he would like to see the assualt weapons ban given a new lease on life.

Oh, BTW, I read last year about a proposed law (proposed by guess who...Teddy "Drownemslow" Kennedy...that would allow the DOJ to criminalize and confiscate ANY type of weapon by fiat...without even notifying congress. Talk about an end run around the 2nd Ammendment.:nonono:

Never give up your guns.

Rio

Thanks Larry, I knew it was best in another forum... :)

any ways, many non-gun owners think the assault weapons ban prohibits purchase and (essentially) creation of automatic weapons..........

and that is totally not the case.......

automatic weapons being sold or modified to public owners was banned witht he brady act......1986 I believe (feel free to correct me)........

the largest caveat of the AWB was the banning of sales of handgun magazines over a capacity of 10 rounds......

for instance, i own a Glock 23, which is a 9 mm....this weapon was originally desgined for a 13 round magazine....in other words, if an LEO were to carry a Glock 23 on the job, they would carry a 13 round magazine.......however, the AWB was passed in 1994, and it did not prohibit the sale of handgun magazines over 10 rounds made before 1994.........

sorry for long worthless wording.....its the part of me that wants to go back to law school ;-)

oldmodman

Established Member
Just be glad you don't live here in California. You'd think that with all the money Arnold has made from shooting guns in his movies, he'd be all for letting the citizens have some choices here. But no, all but one gun store in Los Angeles has now closed. Now I have to order from out of state or drive to Bakersfield. And now there is a proposed law to register ammo too. I may have to move to (insert state name here) if I want to keep my guns.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
California+guns= :nonono:

Diane Feinstein needs to kick the oxygen habit. I despise that hypocritical BI*CH.
She wants take second amendment rights away from all of us and has made it impossible for an average person in California to get a CCW, and yet she has one.........

Bush's pledge to extend the ban is just one more example of how he has betrayed everything conservatives stand for. I am glad you posted this here. I have really taken an interest in preserving/restoring second amendment rights after seeing just badly people like Michael Moore like to blame crime on guns.

September :beer:

Benelli M4/AR15 folding stocks and lots of high capacity magazines. :rockon:

FordFreak

Established Member
Diane Feinstein carries a Smith and Wesson .38 Lady Smith at all times. Her body guards carry 2 full auto micro uzi's each.
And she wants to abolish our right to carry or even own in private?!!?!! That is bullsheit!

She must think she is more important and better than "us".

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by FordFreak4.6
Diane Feinstein carries a Smith and Wesson .38 Lady Smith at all times. Her body guards carry 2 full auto micro uzi's each.
And she wants to abolish our right to carry or even own in private?!!?!! That is bullsheit!

She must think she is more important and better than "us".

Her bodyguards should carry TEC 9's. I will even buy them. Knowing they might jam when she is put in harm's way would really help me sleep better at night. :D:D

FordFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by f_rice
Her bodyguards should carry TEC 9's. I will even buy them. Knowing they might jam when she is put in harm's way would really help me sleep better at night. :D:D

haha AGREED! :beer: Im sure thats why they use the UZI. They have very loose actions, which gets rid of the problem of jamming.

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
It was a law based strictly on emotion. You might as well have said "purple guns are used by criminals but the grey and orange ones aren't". What a load.

Take heart, most indicators point to the the law sunsetting peacefully.

spinscan

Established Member
Originally posted by Raging Rio
Thanks Larry, I knew it was best in another forum... :)

any ways, many non-gun owners think the assault weapons ban prohibits purchase and (essentially) creation of automatic weapons..........

and that is totally not the case.......

automatic weapons being sold or modified to public owners was banned witht he brady act......1986 I believe (feel free to correct me)........

the largest caveat of the AWB was the banning of sales of handgun magazines over a capacity of 10 rounds......

for instance, i own a Glock 23, which is a 9 mm....this weapon was originally desgined for a 13 round magazine....in other words, if an LEO were to carry a Glock 23 on the job, they would carry a 13 round magazine.......however, the AWB was passed in 1994, and it did not prohibit the sale of handgun magazines over 10 rounds made before 1994.........

sorry for long worthless wording.....its the part of me that wants to go back to law school ;-)

You can still buy an automatic weapon.
Further restrictions were imposed in 1986 however.

inteller

Established Member
i can tell you this will get renewed, because the ATF doesn't want Koreshs hanging around with guns bigger than them. Voters won't be the ones to push this through, it will come from the ATF, FBI, and other gov thug goons that want to suppress the populous.

Users who are viewing this thread