Please advise...just got a Dyno...is my A/F ok?

BlKvNm

Established Member
Hey guys, I just returned from the dyno and wondering if my A/F is ok. Keep in mind my pulls took place in 93 degree weather. The guys at the shop said I was fine and I DO respect their expertise, but some of you guys are even more serious about this stuff...

All inputs are welcome and appreciated.

Dyno.jpg

03 Cobra, Black (is there any other color worth owning?)
PLATE: BLK VNM (check cleared!)

Mods:
3" Magnaflow Cat back -- 3.5 tips
9" nails, er filter
Mac prochamber
Diablo Delta chip
2.93 Pulley
Gator belt
NGK Plugs
SVO 900 R hood
18x9 / 18x10 Chrome Saleens
245/40 / 275/40 Nitto 555ZRs
Cobra grill insert
MGW Polished Chrome Cobra gripper shifter knob
Cobra embroidered floor mats
Lots-o-Zainos

System: Eclipse/JL/FOCAL (no mach remnants)

My Car

Wife's car

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Was that taken at the tailpipe??

Looks too lean to me. By over a point in fact up to 4600, then a little less, but still lean from what I've seen recommended by the tuners here.

In fact if those RPM numbers are correct, it looks dangerous below 3.8.

Last edited:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
:beer:

how long had you driven it with the existing 2.93 and plugs? maybe pull one or two of them and check the color on them. If they are whitish colored then request a reburn.

I see you also have a delta chip. do you have another program already burned for it? If so then maybe get a dyno run using that program ( i assume youd need to fil up with 100+ oct if it is a racing program). Or just try going back to the dyno using the existing program and run it with a higher oct fuel. Just to see what happens.

good numbers though especially considering the weather in SAT... hot and humid. I'd consider getting a reburn though. Just pull the chip and mail it back to AR or where you ordered it from.. in the mean-time stay out of any boost.

btw.. i love the hood design on your car :thumbsup:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
For a chip that is too lean even in my book. If I am paying for a tune - I would expect a flat line at 12:1 or a little under from 3500 rpms up. Also - I am not dogging you, but it looks like your HP and Torque numbers are down for a 2.93 pulley - even in the heat. I would expect closer to mid 450's... Unless, of course, you didn't cool down a bit before the dyno run and had bad heat soak...

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I think it's a little on the lean side.

Originally posted by DD2000GT
Also - I am not dogging you, but it looks like your HP and Torque numbers are down for a 2.93 pulley - even in the heat. I would expect closer to mid 450's...
Keep in mind his car has very few miles on it. Not broken in by a long shot. He'll probably pick up some HP after he logs some miles.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
I think it's a little on the lean side.

Keep in mind his car has very few miles on it. Not broken in by a long shot. He'll probably pick up some HP after he logs some miles.

How many miles does he have? I would think a few thousand based on all his mods...

trey193

Established Member
Do these cars really seem to make more power with more miles, mine has 2000 can I expect more power with miles or is this just an urban legend??

BlKvNm

Established Member
I have 800 miles and it was taken at the tail pipe. I agree, I think it's a bit lean too. grrrr

Mick

03 Cobra, Black (is there any other color worth owning?)
PLATE: BLK VNM (check cleared!)

Mods:
3" Magnaflow Cat back -- 3.5 tips
9" nails, er filter
Mac prochamber
Diablo Delta chip
2.93 Pulley
Gator belt
NGK Plugs
SVO 900 R hood
18x9 / 18x10 Chrome Saleens
245/40 / 275/40 Nitto 555ZRs
Cobra grill insert
MGW Polished Chrome Cobra gripper shifter knob
Cobra embroidered floor mats
Lots-o-Zainos

System: Eclipse/JL/FOCAL (no mach remnants)

My Car

Wife's car

A's Cobra

Established Member
looks a little lean, you are one of the first i've seen with a prochamber, how do you like it? did you add it seperately so you have a feel for before and after?

BlKvNm

Established Member
Thanks all for the inputs...another chip is being burnt.

A's Cobra: I love the pro chamber. I put it on at 650 miles and really like it. I thought it was going to be too loud, but in fact, it isn't even close to being too loud. Sounds very throaty but super quiet at idle and easy drivin'.

peace and hair grease

Mick

Users who are viewing this thread