Playing Around with a WOTbox and Slicks

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Installed a n2mb Wotbox on my 01 Bullitt a few weeks back and finally got to test it out on an bare Mexican back road. Wasn't a complete fail but sure wasn't great. The box wanted to kick in during the burnouts so I couldn't get enough heat in the Hoosiers to hook up. Played around with tire pressure to about 15lbs and it just wouldn't hook without a proper burnout, could have dropped it down to 10lbs, but then I'd have to make the long trip home from Mexico swaying back and forth. I did like 5+ launches so I short shifted mostly, needless to say the wotbox will take some getting used to.

One of the last runs, 2-step at 4300rpm. Do what I always do at the track and spin them a bit in the water then start the burnout a few feet infront the box, but the tires weren't wet enough to do so.
[youtube_browser]b5wjlEeNkio[/youtube_browser]

Last run, seemed a bit better still short shifting.
[youtube_browser]kbpEVpuCWeg[/youtube_browser]

Did some runs at the local Pad in Mexico.
[youtube_browser]pcoE7444ObU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Prototype007

Established Member
Your going to be hard pressed to get a smaller bia sply tire to hook on the street.

^^^ The struggle is real lol! Seriously though, it is even with an auto making some decent torque!

p.s. Tell Prancer the dancer, on the left in the first video to calm it down a notch. :lol:

Last edited:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Nice. What's your BOV set up? Sounds sweet.
Thanks, it's a Tial Q.

^^^ The struggle is real lol! Seriously though, it is even with an auto making some decent torque!

p.s. Tell Prancer the dancer, on the left in the first video to calm it down a notch. :lol:

lol, and auto's are definitely king when it comes to hooking on un-prepped street.

19935.slow

Established Member

I lost my locking key for my 06 gt at the track, drove home on some cheater slicks and the damn thing would spin from 60 lol.

:lol:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Did some more test hits at a local spot in mexico. Recommend this little box to anyone with a stick shift that has bias plys and wants a consistent launch.
[youtube_browser]pcoE7444ObU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Can't you set the box to a higher TP so it doesn't affect your burnout?

No more issues with that, I actually just turn the box off right before burnouts now, turns out the programming button will turn off the wotbox with one press.

toomnymods

Established Member
nice.. i need to get me one of these.. how long does the unit take to boot back up after the burnout? hopefully less than 10 secs? some tracks around here try to rush you thru the process of staging :(

Prototype007

Established Member
Seems like a decent place from the looks of things! I'll keep this unit in mind for my Cobra.

p.s. Subscribed to your channel!

Last edited:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Yep it cuts off an turns back on immediately and also can be programmed (2-step rpm, wot shift ignition kill time) via laptop while idling in seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread