Playin with a 911 S4

brainpa

Established Member
So....a nice, clear, warm morning in Sunny Florida. My Girlfriend and I decide to go on a little 'cruse' down I-75 South towards Sarasota after breakfast...not much traffic.

Minding my own business, listening to good tunes, when I spot a 911 darting through traffic behind me. I'm in center lane, he blows past me in far right lane, darting through traffic. We break out into a clear, four lane, no-traffic area. He slows and waits. Well.......I have never hit it against another car with anyone in the passenger seat - just a policy so to speak. She is like "why did he slow?" I said, I think he wants to play a bit. She say...ok, go for it.

I pull along side, he actually rolls both windows down...it's a real nice silver 911S4 - big red brake callipers, aftermarket rims, and sound like non OEM exhaust...nice! I drop it into 3rd about 4K on the tach...he slows as well....he nails it, I shift to forth, pull him like a freightrain and kill it about 130. He's, oh, probably 6-8 cars back. My girlfriend was like " was he racing?" I said...umm, yeah. He pulls along side, mouths "nice", and goes on his way. Pretty cool guy in a beautifull car. Lists for $97,000. I think around 325 bhp.

I know it's not much to talk about with so many higher HP cars on this site than mine, but I thought it would be a good story. I enjoyed the romp, and especially tearing up an albeit beautiful, high-end exotic car.

Best of all, my Girlfriend LOVED IT!

snakebite2003

Established Member
nice kill.........its great to hear about an expensive ass car goin down. That wasnt a slow car that you raced either, I raced one, one day on my 2006 zx-6r.....I blew his doors off(of coarse) but he kept up better than i though he would.

Ephingahol

Gone to the dark side
Established Member
Nice. Usually it's satisfying to destroy them b/c a lot of Porsche drivers can be pricks. Sounds like you found a cool one, though. Good kill, but like you said they're not in the same league. You should be able to pull a 996 911 TT.
By S4, do you mean Carrera 4 S, and was it a 996 or 997?

brainpa

Established Member
Pretty sure it was a 997 - it had the speed adjustable rear spoiler (no fixed wing)...but...maybe you could give us a lesson on comparos..? Yes, 4 S...my bad

Users who are viewing this thread