Play guess the ST HP/tq limits?

paynecasey

Established Member
I know the block can take 650 HP cause Tanner's car with 50 lbs of boost.

But what do you think the limit of a stock ST is before things.....

Start to break?

No fun to pedal to the medal while turning?

My guess
For me break point is probably 400 HP/ torq

Not sure with torq vectoring how much power these can take till under steer rushes in. 350?

Also, I can see these pissing through brake pads. Since the technology applies a brake to the inner wheel.

wheelhopper

Established Member
First off, if you want HP bragging rights, FWD is not the way to go if want to reliably use the car.

If it were me I would do some basic mods to get the HP up about 15% and try to cut about 200lbs out of the car. This would be one fun commuter car.

As far as going through brake pads. The application of the inside wheel brakes being applied would only happen if the driver was driving the car hard and the traction control kicks in. If you want to do some spirited driving the traction control should be turned off anyway or set to sport mode so it would not be an issue.

paynecasey

Established Member
First off, if you want HP bragging rights, FWD is not the way to go if want to reliably use the car.

If it were me I would do some basic mods to get the HP up about 15% and try to cut about 200lbs out of the car. This would be one fun commuter car.

As far as going through brake pads. The application of the inside wheel brakes being applied would only happen if the driver was driving the car hard and the traction control kicks in. If you want to do some spirited driving the traction control should be turned off anyway or set to sport mode so it would not be an issue.

I don't you know exactly works. No offense.

How it works

It's not entirely based on traction to kick in. And it's not an on off switch, it's adjustable. And after speaking with Tanner Foust, it's my understanding you will want it turned on for "spirited driving." It was designed for aggressive driving and to help power through turns.

Basically Tanner, whom I'm sure knows more about this than any of us, said the computer tracks your speed and how hard your turning. It applies the inner brake based on those factors.

He also said for racing purposes, if all the manufactures had this tech, they'd all be using it "IN RACING." I can find a video of him talking about it if you like.

Basically, leave it turned on when driving hard to help prevent understeer in the turns. It's not entrly a wheel slip assistant on rainy days like other forms of traction control.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I don't you know exactly works. No offense.

How it works

It's not entirely based on traction to kick in. And it's not an on off switch, it's adjustable. And after speaking with Tanner Foust, it's my understanding you will want it turned on for "spirited driving." It was designed for aggressive driving and to help power through turns.

Basically Tanner, whom I'm sure knows more about this than any of us, said the computer tracks your speed and how hard your turning. It applies the inner brake based on those factors.

He also said for racing purposes, if all the manufactures had this tech, they'd all be using it "IN RACING." I can find a video of him talking about it if you like.

Basically, leave it turned on when driving hard to help prevent understeer in the turns. It's not entrly a wheel slip assistant on rainy days like other forms of traction control.

You're right, I would not know how traction control works or how it works on a track. I only race TT and Instruct HPDE with NASA.

The reason that sactioned racing organizations don't allow TC is because anyone can drive fast with it, it corrects poor driving and drivers mistakes. Removing the TC makes the driver control the car, not the computer. This way we can actually tell the whether the driver is good opposed to the computer.

paynecasey

Established Member
You're right, I would not know how traction control works or how it works on a track. I only race TT and Instruct HPDE with NASA.

The reason that sactioned racing organizations don't allow TC is because anyone can drive fast with it, it corrects poor driving and drivers mistakes. Removing the TC makes the driver control the car, not the computer. This way we can actually tell the whether the driver is good opposed to the computer.

I do apologize for being shittie. Just your original post sounded like TV was for daily driving traction control only and not a performance enhancement.

I can't imagine wanting to turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread