Platic trim and carpet

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
I've been fixing the few little flaws on my 01, mostly cracks in plastic parts and etc. The new shield from the rad to the rad support and a new hood release cable cost me $90 something at the dealer....My windshield cowl is cracked - they wanted $242 for that !!!!...That will be a junkard find instead....LOL

Two questions:

Carpet - I want to relace the carpet/floor mats this coming winter, it's kinda faded and bleached out from the sun and cleaning. Has anyone here replaced the carpet and how was the fit/quality versus the stock stuff?....Mine is tan or parchment in color. I need to figure out which one it is.

004-6.jpg

Mirror's - my pass side mirror is loose but I don't know how to get the speaker off to get at the nuts/bolts....It's loose on the door and the mirror is wobbly in the housing while driving...Might replace that this winter too.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I replace the carpet in my old 88 5.0 with a kit from Late Model Restro and was pleased with the quality of it but that was a few years ago. I think you are the first person that I can remember needing to replace the carpet in a SN95/New Edge. Try Ford for fun for a price. I know a few years ago replacement carpet for a F150 supercab was around $200.

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
My carpet looks good but I guess I'm just fussy as I'm the only one who thinks it should be replaced....LOL....My wife thinks I'm nuts....I can see the color difference though, just lift up a floor mat.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
to get the speaker off the door you have to take the little screen off of it to expose the speaker and then you will see the bolts to take it off. The screen pops off of it.:beer:

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
Cool....I'll try that tonight, thanks. I have a DRL kit to install too to make her road legal in Canuckland and a new hood release cable. I found my rattle under the dash - the quadrant was rubbing on the nuetral switch bracket with the pedal up so I bent the tab back a touch and no more rattle...I also shimmed the quadrant tighter on the shafter with some 7/16" washers to take the slop out of it....It was just floating around on it.

svo/svt

Established Member
The after market quadrants are always loose. i put aftermarket carpet in my 99 cobra same color and it took a month for the carpet to relax and settle in and it looks good. When you take the tweeter cover off use a plastic prying tool to keep from ripping the cloth mesh.

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
Where did you buy your carpet???....I fixed the mirror tonight, the front bolt boss was broken off the back of it so that's why it was loose....Nothing a hot glue gun couldn't fix...LOL....If it doesn't hold I'll put it on my xmas wish list this year.:rockon:

I have the DRL's all but done, just one wire left to hook up before I tape up the harness.

Last edited:

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
def get 03-04 mirrors..they are exspensive but look so much better...i love mine since they are paint matched and they just have a better overall look.

Users who are viewing this thread