plate on back of head

Fred'S'nake

Also a hobbyist and scholar.
Established Member
My cobra has starting leaking more coolant over the last couple months. I am looking for a plate that is bolted to the back of the right side head. It has a coolant hose or something of the sort, hooked to it and it is leaking. At least it looks like it. It is rusted up pretty good. It looks almost impossible to get to. What is this? Can I replace the plate and hose together from underneath the car? Where can I buy a new setup of this thing, or an upgraded version of whatever this thing is?

meliskyc

Established Member
Sounds like it is a head cooling mod to me. If it is, you can do a quick google search to come up with a few results. I don’t have experience with them so someone else would be better suited to give recommendations on a replacement brand.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Covered in the service manual.

Terminator%20heater%20inlet.jpg

Fred'S'nake

Established Member
Sounds like it is a head cooling mod to me. If it is, you can do a quick google search to come up with a few results. I don’t have experience with them so someone else would be better suited to give recommendations on a replacement brand.
Thank you for the feedback.

Fred'S'nake

Established Member
Covered in the service manual.

Oh, wow, thanks for the info, that is exactly what I was looking for. Looks like I need to find a manual also. Is this something that can be changed without moving the engine? Thanks for the help and heads up.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Well for what it’s worth, I did my head cooling mod when I did my clutch, so my transmission was out. From under and the tranny out of the way, there was plenty of room. I’d first pinpoint and determine exactly where the leak is indeed coming from then go from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hotcobra03

Established Member
there is a tube running from backside of water pump under intake to heater core..

this line is known to leak..

if leak Is on passenger side..

that pic above..tube has spring clamp ..

on mine..I had a leak caused buy rust build up on that tube..

I just cleaned it,little silicone and used a worm clamp..

Fred'S'nake

Established Member
thx for the info, I now know what I need to do. Confirming the leak this weekend. My clutch is starting to give me signs of wear, so it looks like I will be changing are those things involved. Thx again.

Users who are viewing this thread