Plastic trash bags...

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
That's right, plastic trash bags stuck/melted to my catback. :fm: I was going down the PA Tpk in heavy traffic and couldn't avoid the plastic trash bag blowing in front of me. :uh oh: When I checked my rear view I didn't see it again and thought oh shit, it's stuck under the car. :eek: I was on my way into Philadelphia and didn't have time to stop. Later when I got home I checked it out... what a mess!

A paint scraper, a utility knife, 00 steel wool and some Brasso metal polish... and two hours later the pipes look nice again. :-D

I have avoided the blowing bags many times before while driving but was not so lucky this time. What rotten luck! :bash:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I hate when stuff like that happens! I had a guy flick a cigarette out the window and it bounced off the road (I saw burning ambers) and it got wedged between my bumper and headlight...nice ol' burn mark on my bumper! Inconsiderate people I tell ya!

wheelhopper

Established Member
Not quite as bad, but, I hate it when you are cruising on a nice day in your freshly cleaned car, then the a--hole in front of you decides it is time to clean his winshield. You get a nice overspray bath.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Had this happen myself. Got caught on the Cat's one morning going to work and when I arrived I thought the car was on fire. Smelt like burnt rubber. I got it off as best as I could and the remaining just burned off.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I had one garbage bag get on mine, but i think the worst/weirdest i got was a mudflap off a pickup got stuck on my exhaust hanger

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I was on a two lane in Woodbine, MD, when I came around a corner, and smack in my lane was a dead something (badger/groundhog/?). I had to straddle it, no time to swerve, I was just hoping I'd clear it.
Nope. I felt a little thunk, and looked in the mirror and saw it rolling a bit.

When I got home I got to scrape a filet mignon (well done) off of my catbacks. :fm::cuss:

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I had one garbage bag get on mine, but i think the worst/weirdest i got was a mudflap off a pickup got stuck on my exhaust hanger

Your mudflap beats my trash bag... I would have let it burn off but it was right where the pipes come under the IRS and was clearly visible. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread