Plastic intake manifold and too much boost

Stanger00

Established Member
My Mustang has been running bad at WOT. I did everything that was easy like pull plugs re-gap and change fuel filter. Today I had time to pull the manifold.

I found this big ass crack on 1 runner.

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
How long did you have that setup before it started having issues? I am surprised you had the plastic one on there with boost to begin with lol. Kinda crappy but a great excuse for an upgrade lol.

Stanger00

Established Member
About 2 years and a little over 2500 miles. I just bought a house so money is a little tighter than usual. The symptoms all started about 2 months ago. I thought it would last a little longer than this. I had the plastic cross over last until 2009 and that was seeing 10-12 psi since 2005. I had an aluminum crossover from 2009 to 2012 and that one busted at the coolant crossover. This one was installed in its place by the tuner and just failed. Unfortunately, my 60lb injectors and fuel pumps are at max duty cycle. If I were to upgrade I would at a minimum buy larger injectors and -8 fuel feed along with the extra expenses that come with a Vic Jr manifold.

Just going to get another plastic one and hope it lasts through the rest of this season. I'll be piecing together a vic jr setup.

Users who are viewing this thread