Plastic fasteners for trunk liner panels.

olympic

Established Member
s-l500.jpg

There's a few of these fasteners in our trunks that hold the liners in place and of course they are obsolete from Ford. The plastic christmas tree push in fasteners are easy to find but these plastic nuts are not. I found some replacements that look and fit identical: Ford part# W712410-S300. They come in a pack of 4. Just thought I'd post it here incase someone else is looking for them.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Gonna pick some up, thanks!!! Got anything for those extra long plastic pushpins that hold the trim around the trunk latch???

olympic

Established Member
Gonna pick some up, thanks!!! Got anything for those extra long plastic pushpins that hold the trim around the trunk latch???

Actually hold off on them. They fit on the studs behind the panels but the stem is longer so they don't cinch the panel down tight. I was able to make them work on the studs behind the tail lights by drilling a hole in the center of the fastener so the stud could pass through. On the side panels they fit the stud but don't really hold the panel tight and there's no way to shorten the fastener or push it further on to the stud.

I'm actually looking for the trunk latch trim fasteners as well. I've ordered a couple candidates off amazon but they're coming from China to it'll be a while.

shurur

Established Member
I think i had to get some from a contour in a salvage yard years ago.
Keep us posted.
These cool little threads are great!!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a hard time finding those years ago.
I actually was looking for them with the hooks on them for mounting a cargo net. I found them, but I believe it was from a bone yard if I remember right.

olympic

Established Member
They fit! 30mm long, 9mm diameter. :D Very hard to find them longer than ~25mm. These are just long enough and fit really tight so no chance they will fall out.

Amazon.ca link:
Amazon.com link:
20201119_185922.jpg
20201119_185822.jpg
20201119_185831.jpg
20201119_185912.jpg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally threw them in, worked perfectly but a few things to note. The center 2 pins only sink a few ribs deep but theyre real snug so I dont think they are gonna pop out. Also the finish on these is glossy black while the trim seems to be a matte charcoal exactly like your pic shows. Regardless its better than the trim piece hanging on by a thread with the last chewed up plastic pin I use to have.

For the plastic panel nuts how much of the plastic shaft would you have to file off in order to get them to sink all the way down???

Users who are viewing this thread