Plasti dipped stock wheels, come on in

thegraystang

Established Member
If anyone has dipped their stock wheels anything other than black post up. Preferably gray with base wheels.

Posted via Topify on Android

5lho

Established Member
Yeah. The grey is absolutely awful. Use black 4 coats with 2 coats of Pearlizer. That's a pretty good gunmetal look.

thegraystang

Established Member
Yeah. The grey is absolutely awful. Use black 4 coats with 2 coats of Pearlizer. That's a pretty good gunmetal look.
Not a bad idea. Black and white cars can get with just about anything. The Grey ****s me

Posted via Topify on Android

Riptide

Established Member
yDXfX5U.jpg

2tIOR8p.jpg

Riptide

Established Member
I got a set of black lugs but chose to leave the stock centercaps as is. I've had people say they think I should dip the centercaps. I'm on the fence there.

Try it. Plasti dip is great stuff if you decide it sucks you can just peel it off and do it again a different color.

thegraystang

Established Member
Looks better than I was thinking. I just being a bit different and I like color. Just I don't think a blaze green would look to hot.

BLK_5.0

Established Member
I have dipped my emblems and wheels on my previous cars both with matte black and white dip. When I went to pick up my dip for my 5.0 I found gunmetal gray and decided to try it. It looked awful and super plasticy. I couldn't stand it and brought out the black and covered it, then finished it with a few coats of glossifier. (Mine look just like RipTide's) IMO, can't go wrong with black or black/pearlizer. Like said above tho...It's so cheap, try something new and if you don't like it just rip it off!

PC03GT

Established Member
Damn, those wheels look pretty good. I was thinking about doing mine on my gthg 13 brembo wheels but don't know if its gonna look like shit.

Riptide

Established Member
Just do enough coats you can get it to peel off easier should you decide it isnt what you want. 4 coats minimum IMO

Clucas

Established Member
I've got mine done in black, but i drive a grabber blue. There really isn't another color that would look good on the grabber blue. I say do it. You can always peel it off if you don't like it, and you'll only be out $50 or so. I was on the fence about doing it for a long time. I wanted to do it on my old car but never did. With this one i just jumped in and did it, and i actually really like it. I may get the wheels painted gloss black though now that i've seen them with the plastidip. I think the gloss would just stand out a bit better.

thegraystang

Established Member
i'll play.

anthracite. gimme a few months, i'll show you something different :rolling:

998158_10151905578002647_981303705_n.jpg

I was actually debating that color. I did it on my last car and liked it. I clear coated it too. Just I need to order it vs getting it locally.

Users who are viewing this thread