Plasti Dipped My Car

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
Sort of....Just the roof to be accurate, but I think it looks pretty good. I did it at night so that probably wasn't the best idea but this is the first time that I have tried doing this. You can notice some imperfections in the one sunlight photo but I figure I can always redo it or peel it off if I don't like it. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

lmGlT89.jpg

uTBcodR.jpg

BWWv5Ia.jpg

gKC1eod.jpg

owG7ldl.jpg

FZKZCd7.jpg

GT915

Established Member
Sorry dude but I don't like it. I think your car looked great to start with and I'd peel that crap off as quickly as possible.

TClark22

Established Member
i like it! Ties in the rear window and windshield nicely!

Been contemplating doing it on my car...except using a wrap.

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
I appreciate all of the comments. I am just trying it out for now and if I really do like it, then I will probably get it wrapped or painted. All it cost me was 2 cans of plasti dip and painters tape to try it out so not too bad of an investment. Figured having the Saleen c pillars adds that extra black to tie in the roof.

ThomasL

Established Member
Looks good. The cool thing about this stuff is you can practice on your car as much as you want til you get it right. It just peels right off.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I like the idea and the look, but it didn't turn out that great, you can see the spray marks all in it. Maybe try another coat or two?

ThomasL

Established Member
Yeah like others are saying, more coats. The more the better with that stuff. I'd do at least 5 or 6.

BigDan

Established Member
I like it, if you want a glossy look give their Glossifier a try before you peel it off.
800eaac6-b3e2-4e09-91e4-b87a17f5f1a5_300.jpg

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Like the idea, hate the execution. Get it done in gloss vinyl and it'll look badass.

Users who are viewing this thread