Plasma TV cheap

scotto

Established Member
Hey guys I thought I would pass on my discount that I get to my fellow SVT members. Anyway here is the deal.

I can get Pioneer Plasma TVs at below retail.

50" Plasma HDTV Elite Pro- $8000 + shipping

43" Plasma HDTV Elite Pro- $7000 + shipping

These TVs in the store are 9000 plus tax and 7500 plus tax

Again these are brand new in the box with a manufacture 1 year warranty

If anyone has any interest PM me

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
The Pioneer Plasmas are nice i had one awhile back but i got rid of it and got a 42" Panosonic one i like it better cant wait till the 60" come out. Plasmas are the sh$ts for games, DVD's you name it. They do create alot of heat tho. The reason i went with the Panosonic was cuz it had the best ratings.

Kurt Busch

#1 CRYSTAL PALACE FAN
Established Member
Longitude: 122° 18' 50" W / Latitude: 47° 49' 16"
Originally posted by Kwik_Cobra
they only last for 3-4 years? then what? they explode or what? refund?!

Plasma, by contrast, uses a small electric pulse for each pixel to excite the rare natural gases argon, neon, and xenon (a k a "phosphors") to produce the color information and light. As electrons excite the phosphors, oxygen atoms dissipate. These rare gases actually have a life and fade over time. Manufacturers of plasma have estimated the life of these phosphors to be about 60,000 hours. The life of the plasma display itself is usually determined by half-life of the phosphors. So at 30,000 hours the phosphors will be at their half-life, and the viewer will be seeing an image that has half the brightness capability that it did when originally purchased. This should be a good point at which to consider its life over. The gases in plasma TVs cannot be replaced. There is no phenomenon of "pumping" new gases into a plasma display.

Source

Kurt Busch

#1 CRYSTAL PALACE FAN
Established Member
Longitude: 122° 18' 50" W / Latitude: 47° 49' 16"
Originally posted by WireEater
Sorry, I'd feel like a moron if I spent that much money on something that isn’t going to last over 4 years, possibly less.

Well, 30,000 hours = about 3.4 year, so obviosuly that assumes the TV would be on all the time. For practical purposes, you can add a year or two to the useful lifetime considering not many people have their TV on 24/7.
Still it's not worth the price IMO.
LCD would be a better choice.

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
2 of mine are going on 2 years so far and 1 is a year, and i know they dont last that long. LCD's are nice i have been thinking about pickin up one.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Plasma's are expensive, they run hot and when they break in 4 to 5 years it's cheaper to throw them away.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Most plasmas have artifacts anyway. There are maybe only 2-3 models that are super clear with minimal artifacts. I laugh when people spend this much on plasmas that have the picture quality of a low bitrate divx DVD rip.

Even some of the HD ones are just poo. You gotta hunt down the ones with a super clear picture.

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
Its funny we got this guy telling us he can get good prices on plasmas and everyone here is pretty much doggin plasmas.. Yeah i got a few of them but when they go out i'll toss them out what else can ya do, i may take one out and shoot it with a 50 cal. and see what happens.

Last edited:

8ate8

Established Member
I work at a home theatre company, so i get stuff at cost for myself :)

thing is, we only deal in high end electronics. Loewe, Marantz, Fujitsu... all nice plasma's.. with the Loewe being the nicest. Probably won't find anything better.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
HDTV Projection TVs are quite sexy.

Only get plasma if you want to hang it on a wall.

LCDs arent that great either.

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Seeing these are deals for Pioneer, can you do anything for me on a Pioneer Elite Widescreen RPTV?

scotto

Established Member
you know if there were enough people to buy them like a group purchase I could get them for $6000 for the 43 and 7200 for the 50 + shipping on both I would need like 10 people at the least though

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I have a 20 inch Flat panel LCD. It's pretty clear, but I can' really tell how good it is because I don't have digital cable. :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread