Plasma Donation

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
ok yesterday on my way home from work i heard an ad on the radio about donating plasma if you've had the anthrax vaccine. well i called today and they will give me my booster shot and take plasma 8 times and if i complete all 8 donations i'll of made a total of $1000. it's $100 for the booster, $100 per donation and a $100 dollar bonus for doing all 8 donations. the only problem is it's 75 miles away. so 150 mile round trip each time. i won't miss my time at work, i can front load it and not take personal time. so what do you guys think? is it really worth it or no? thanks!

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Uhh , thats pretty much up to you if it is worth your time and if you want the money that badly.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Damn!!! When I was donating plasma on a regular basis 20+ years ago we'd get $8 a pint on Tuesday and $10 a pint on Friday. It paid for beer and smokes...

U.M.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ya know, I should really look into donating sperm to one of them high end clinics. Im tall, thin, well educated, etc, so some lesbians would probably pay good money to make things happen.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
Sounds kinda fishy as most plamsa places pay you $20-$30 per pint

the pay difference is due to the fact i've had the anthrax vaccine's and they need people who have had them to donate plasma for research. i'm thinking about it. i just dunno if it's worth the drive. i mean the cash is nice, but i was doing it to help with the research.

Fastboy

Established Member
Now does this make your body any weaker? I have thought of this myself. They pay $ 75 down here in florida.

KindaStock

Established Member
I am a poor college student and I used to donate plasma. the money was great, but it was too hard on my body.
For my size (6 foot and 220 lbs), they took 880 ml of plasma. But after donating, I could do nothing but come home and stake out the couch. and eat.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I would do it. We had a BioLife in State College that paid for plasma. They also paid a lot more for anthrax vaccinated persons. I've been told it can be a bit uncomfortable at first.

Users who are viewing this thread