PLANO TX - Need help with internet fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

04MC

Established Member
First of all I have to say that this forum is awesome. I have read/learned a lot!

I am having a problem with a $629 transaction from ebay 1/7/2007 Seller never shipped anything and 2 days after I sent payment I filed a dispute which automatically became a claim. Paypal only recovered $364 and issued me a $133 "courtesy credit" and now I am missing $133 still. Amount that the guy stole/owes is $265 still.

I filed a claim at www.ic3.gov The 2 phone numbers I have for these criminals 214-607-5068 Daylon Hughes (registered name with paypal and ebay) and the email [email protected] which is the address I sent payment to and matches (972) 238-9912 Christy Lynn Mccuin 2400 Jupiter Rd # APT 5 Plano, TX 75074
Also found the website www.honeydo-errands.com
I tried calling these numbers I never could get a hold of anyone.

From the information I have/researched the registered name the seller has with paypal is totally different than the name associated with his email/website. Paypal sucks and does not provide more information, so if any law enforcement agency/agent here wants to help, you may contact the Law Enforcement hotline number at (408) 967-9919. Maybe LEO in TX could help me ...

I am wondering if there is anyone around Plano TX area that could PLEASE help me? I sent all the information to www.ic3.gov If any of you have access to IC3 clompaint number is I0701221438481381 or just PM me for more info.
I should have known I was not eligible for buyer protection, but I guess we all do mistakes sometimes.

Thanks a lot - input much appreciated!

Thiago

(407) 470-6339

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Internet Fraud is a Federal Issue as it usually is interstate. That would be in the purview of the F.B.I. For $133 issue they probably wont be very receptive of your claim.

Good Luck.

04MC

Established Member
Off of the entire $629 they only recovered $364 ... so the legal amount is $265.

The lady/supervisor from paypal said that if I put a stop payment trough my bank (where I sourced the funds to complete the transaction) then my account would negative. It is funny how paypal acts when someone owes one of their customers money and when someone owes paypal money directly.

Makes me want to close my paypal account and go to my bank and put a stop payment on the correct amount I am missing just because the lack of information/negligence from paypal! It took me around 10 phone calls for me to get to the agent that offered me the courtesy credit. I have been with paypal since 2003 over 2500 transactions (business account), so this shows how much they care for their customers .... Thank God I have never had another problem with them because their answers/information regarding claims almost makes me think of them as a terrorist funding organization.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
It doesnt matter what they recovered, it matters what you have a legal claim to. that is $133. You were made whole minus the $133. If you stop payment and it effects paypal negatively as they reimbursed you, they can come after you criminally. If you want to do that, then return the $497 to paypal and then you can stop payment on the entire amount with your bank without problems.

04MC

Established Member
Thanks for the reply.

What would you do? I "refund" them the $497 then I get the full ammount from my bank ... tempting or too good to be true I am calling my bank now.

From the conversation on the phone that I had with one of the claims supervisor, she said paypal can't really do anything unless the seller acts meaning chances are I will never see the money.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Are you saying that you used a bank based credit card to pay paypal? Because if it was from a checking account, I would think it would be too late to stop payment. If it is a credit card, you know paypal will dispute it and point toward their policy you agreed to and the bank will probably side with them.

04MC

Established Member
Checking acct was used. The lady from paypal is telling me that if I stop payment trough my bank my account will be - $133 ... no matter what and I don't want my business account locked ... this sucks.

The other thing she said (funny when I mentioned return $497 and stop payment trough my bank the conversation gets more informative) was after 120 days if the seller doesn't comply they start their collection process. She also mentioned paypal has "internal connections" with IC3 ... I did what I could with IC3, but the fact that the seller's phone number search I did (online white pages) came back as a total different name from the name paypal has for the seller kinda worries me ............

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I'm not sure why you pm'd me this link but I would definitely help if there were anything I could do. Unfortunately, I doubt there is given that I am two states away. I wish you the best of luck with it, but I'm betting you (like most others who paypal money from a checking account) are going to get the short end of this stick when the dust settles. I'm sorry this happened to you but be thankful you recovered as much of it as you have.....most get nothing back at all.

Sorry to hear of it so TTT for more members to see.

04MC

Established Member
Sorry I guess I didn't read right when I PMd you. Trust me I am thankful for everything.

I am originally from Brazil and so far being in the US for 8 years never had a single problem with any transaction the law here works.

in one of their email messages to me, he/she said they're in law enforcement ... bunch of BS! I hate when people pretend to be someone they're not!!!!!!!!!! they also lied saying they never took the money out of their account and that it all was in paypal's hand BS! they never replied/complied with paypal request!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
I did a little research - Christy Lynn Mccuin lives in Plano. I can send you the address if you need or want it. I didn't find anything on a Daylon Hughes except for a myspace account for a 16yr old kid in Waco, TX. I'd recommend contacting the Plano Police Dept or the Texas AG's office. The AG office has a cyber crimes unit that may be able to help you. They normally don't deal with internet theft though.

04MC

Established Member
I have the address for Christy, but I think that someone is using her name /email or created the address/website on purpose or using Daylon Hughes to receive the money. I found the kid's myspace account too.

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
the shitty thing is, that most police departments and stuff are going to look at 133$ and ask why u called them, they will expect u to be happy with what u get, man this sux, u think that people are straight forward and they stab u in the back, i would learn from this experience and oinly buy from actual stores, thats what i do, like lfp and stuff, thats the best way i think, sry for your loss dude, see if u can find by chance a plano cop who can do some snoopin, im sure that if they're a fellow svt fan that they could at least take a look while they are on duty, if i was a cop in plano i would do it.

04MC

Established Member
Ya that is what I am hoping, but the ammount is really $265 the $133 was a credit from paypal I was lucky to get that. Like I said, the beauty of this country is the law and how things here work and are not NEARLY as corrupt as where I am from, so I am confident I will get results one way or the other.

Thanks for all the help

Last edited:

04MC

Established Member
How I wish I knew the address registered with his paypal account ...

04MC

Established Member
Called local Plano Police they got my info then I received a call from and he took more info and said it will to an investigator. Hopefully something is done.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
04MC said:
Called local Plano Police they got my info then I received a call from and he took more info and said it will to an investigator. Hopefully something is done.

I hope they can help you out. It may be you opened up a can of worms here?

04MC

Established Member
Well people need to think twice before doing this ... law in this country works. He/she had 10 days to go in their paypal account or call paypal to resolve this ...they never did. Clearly told the fool by email that I would go until the end and this was not a joke

Last edited:

04MC

Established Member
Some lady finally answered the 214 number today at around 1:30pm ... interesting.

If any LEO's would please like to give it a try and talk to her maybe she will go to her paypal account and resolve this, so I can cancel my complaints .......

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
dude you've already spent $133 dollars worth of your time looking for this loser. i'd chalk it up to experience and let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread