Place to get Exhaust checked out??

SugeMike

Established Member
Hey whats up everyone. I just got my stingers today and i went ahead and put them on. Turns out, the person before me had flows welded in. I had a feeling the exhaust wasnt stock.

But anyways, the only problem im running into is the passenger side. The tailpipe seems to be sitting a little lower than the driver side. Also the spot where the two pipes kind of meet, the passenger side goes kind of down at an angle while the driver side goes pretty much horizontal. Thats not right is it?? I've tried everything and I can't seem to get it aligned about the same. Anyone know any tips or anything for me to get it right. Or should I just take it to an exhaust place and get it checked out?? Is there anywhere in particular i should take it?? Thanks

-Mike

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Sounds like you did the same thing I did! Either the flow tube coming off your h or x pipe is on wrong or just needs to be twisted around.

I'm not an expert, but I can come by or you can come by here!

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i would loosen the bolts up,on both sides dont just do one side, and just give it a little twist, nothing difficult..save u some money. seems like a easy fix.

SugeMike

Established Member
I'm in Bowie, right off rt 3 on 450.. Yeah the drivers side looks GREAT. I'm almost certain that this one is on right. The passenger side on the other hand is a little FUBAR lol. I'm trying to figure out which way it needs to be twisted around. I'm thinking it should be a pretty easy fix. I'd rather not have to take it to a shop especially for something simple like this. If the weathers nice, I think i might go out and mess with it some more. I think I might just take the passenger side back off and start that side from scratch.
So what did you wind up doing Zax to fix yours??
-Mike

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Loosen up the bolts and turn the tubes till it sits right!

I might be able to stop over after I get back from Billy's. Give me your number!

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
If you want it done right the first time, I suggest Dave at Fast Lane Performance...his specialty is exhaust.

Tank_Girl

Established Member
I had the same thing happen. I have friends in VA, different specialties - I can find out what they ended up doing or give you a few numbers or something, if still having trouble. Good luck with it. ;)

SugeMike

Established Member
Well I'm in the process of trying to get this passenger side fixed. No matter how i turn the pipe with the muffler, i can't seem to get the tailpipe one to sit correctly. It keeps going at a slant upwards toward the middle of the car. I'll take a pic in a min to show you all what i mean. Plus the damn hangers keep getting in my way lol.

-Mike

SugeMike

Established Member
I got everything pretty much fixed except for 1 thing. The right side tailpipe is literally about 1/8-1/4" lower than the other side. Any ideas on how I can fix this?? Its really not that noticeable unless you stare at it for a little while. But since i know that its like that, it sticks out like a sore thumb...

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread