PK on a good mid priced A/V receiver(HDMI)

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Looking for a new receiver with HDMI 1.3 inputs, 3 inputs would be great, but I could live with 2. Looking for a price range of around 300$ maybe a little higher depending on the features in comparison. Thanks!

WIECH

Established Member
I believe you'll be hard pressed to find a quality reciever for that price w/ 3 HDMI outputs.

But I could be wrong.

Go to www.avsforum.com

+1 On the avsforum.com Lots of good information there. Yes if yu want good quality, you are going to have to step it up to the 400$ to 500$ range. Always remember you get what you pay for, so alittle extra spedning is sometimes better. Except when you buy the HDMI cables go to monoprice.com for that, you cannot beat the quality or price.

Derek

1993R

Established Member
Onkyo TX-SR505 Amazon for $184 plus free shipping. Rated best low price av receiver in a couple of articles. I just got one for my son.....

RGrossman

Established Member
Onkyo TX-SR805. Looks like the TX-SR806 replaced it but I got one 4 months ago for 599. Excellent reciever. Thats mid priced to me.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Onkyo TX-SR805. Looks like the TX-SR806 replaced it but I got one 4 months ago for 599. Excellent reciever. Thats mid priced to me.

+100000000000000

Paid $900 for my Denon 4 yrs. ago and couldn't be happier with the quality and service.

With receivers you, for sure, get what you pay for.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I think I found my setup, and will be ready to purchase, whats your .02?

Polk Audio RM10 Speaker System
YAMAHA SW315 10" 250W Powered Subwoofer
ONKYO TX-SR606 Black 7.1 Channel Receiver (All the reviews are saying RIGHT NOW, the ONKYO is the best bang for the buck. Of course the upscaling is meh, but most are.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Yeah, buying for 'upscaling capabilities' is overrated.

What's the budget we're looking at?? Might help determine the quality of choices......

ChrisRedGT

Established Member
I just brought home the TX-SR606 and set it up. Only issue so far is that the upscaling from S-video only works to HDMI instead of the component out. So I need to get an HDMI cable. No big deal, but I won't get raped by the big box retailers so it is going to take a couple of days to get here.

I got it at Circuit City for $400 including tax (GA). Make SURE you ask for the internet price, other wise it was $499 before tax.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I just brought home the TX-SR606 and set it up. Only issue so far is that the upscaling from S-video only works to HDMI instead of the component out. So I need to get an HDMI cable. No big deal, but I won't get raped by the big box retailers so it is going to take a couple of days to get here.

I got it at Circuit City for $400 including tax (GA). Make SURE you ask for the internet price, other wise it was $499 before tax.

I purchased it for $279(NEW) from NewEgg (BIG FAN OF THIS SITE). It was a deal($100) when paired up with a YAMAHA SW315 10" 250W Powered Subwoofer. 3-5 day shipping FREE! Speakers are from Amazon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread