Pivot ball stud?

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
I just got my a new pivot ball stud from the Ford dealer. Its about 1/2" longer than the orginal, but the numbers on the new one match up with what the service manual and Ford computer say. Was the part changed, are there two different sizes, or something else I'm not getting? Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
whatever happened with this???? i am gonna shim mine tomorrow to see if i get better throw/engagement on the clutch... my shifts are far from satisfactory and i have a firewall adj with steeda quadrant

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I just got my a new pivot ball stud from the Ford dealer. Its about 1/2" longer than the orginal, but the numbers on the new one match up with what the service manual and Ford computer say. Was the part changed, are there two different sizes, or something else I'm not getting? Anyone have any idea?

I had the same problem with mine, I just reused the one that was in there. It was about a half ince too long and I never really looked into it, It's still sitting in my garage. I thought I was the only one :shrug:

Josh

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
i figured i would be shimming it so it will be closer to the clutch and allot more pressing onto the pressure plate when pressed in!

Last edited:

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
I never really posted a follow up. The longer part is actually for the other manual transmission Mustangs (GT, V6, etc...) My service guy actually had a parts list for the T56 from a contact at Ford. There were Ford service part numbers and Ford engineering part numbers. When the PO's were different, it usually meant a different part. The pivot ball stud was or still is one of those. I'll see if I can dig up the engineering number. Your dealer service guy (or someone like Steve Tousley (sp?)) should be able to plug that number into the system and find if they can still get it.

I'll try to get this number for you guys when I get back from Sebring on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread