**pitbull Owner Look Here Please*

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
OK guys after seeing some of the pits in the pix section I too have one myself...I have a question for ya'll.....Lexi is about 9months old right now, she's a brindle (pic is over there) and she weighs about 40lbs.....she still seems narrow and doesnt have that block-head yet....The only time she really gets the pit look is when her ears go back or she's panting from running around.....Now I was told by the breeders they usually grow up the first year then grow out the next year.....Heres a pic of her right now:
http://img117.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img117&image=77-Lexibird.jpg
http://img117.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img117&image=b5-lex.jpg

LMK whatcha guys think.....Hopefully she'll fill out more....Her mom was about 65-70lbs and the Dad was about 80-95lbs.....Thx guys---Jon

Last edited:

ralphy1798

Established Member
Dude, thats an awesome looking dog and definitely still looks like a puppy. Give her some time to grow up. My tiny little dog didnt look like a full adult until she was 2+ yrs old. She still never acts like an adult though... errrrrr....

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Yeah I hope she gets bigger XR4 for 8months your Pit looks huge....She's definetly ALL muscle, Im about 205lbs and pretty built and she tugs me everywhere....When my little brother comes and stays over he'll have her pull him on his skateboard....For a little-bird her strength is unreal......I have a buddy who juices his Pit and that thing is just SCARY....Now I dont agree w/ it, but damn that thing looks UNREAL....its somewhere around 110lbs....My wife would never let me do that.....lol....BUT I still luv tha BITCH...(talkin about the dogs ;) )....lol...JT

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Give 'em time. I thought the same thing about my Boxer. He never really had that square head, or had his ears fold forward but he was all boxer in attitude and energy. Now, its totally different. Only took till he got about 11-12mo's for him to come around more in the looks. Now I just hope he puts on about 20-25 more lbs so he can be average weight for a male Boxer.

Here's the pics

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
My buddies pit is around 80 pounds. He seems to have finally stopped getting bigger once he hit 3 years old, but up untill that point all that dog did was pack on muscle and make whatever muscle he gained rock solid.

Users who are viewing this thread