pistons

COTA'00 L

In the future I would like to build a better bottom end. I would like to use a 8# lower and a 2# upper. I will use better rods. Now my Q is do I need to change to better pistons? Can I still use the stock pistons? I heard of broken rods put not on pistons.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
might as well, my pistons looked pretty good when I pulled them out, and after a long debate I decided to buy new ones. 20 over. it only gives you about 8 hp more if you do the math. but you might as well do it all. I'd sure hate for one to go out once I already changed the rods. as for the blower I decided to keep it 8 psi over and not go any further. it doesn't seem like it would give more, I really think its at the max. I'm either going the NOS way or save my money for a works 140. I'd sure hate to go the with NOS, I swore I'd never use it.

COTA'00 L

Well im waiting to see how high my credit limit will be on my credit card. If its high enough ill get the kit PSP sells.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
I just cleared mine enought to buy that kit I purchased it a week a go. He doesn't have it in stock and he agreed no to charge me untill he shipped it.

Users who are viewing this thread