Pistol Advise

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I just filed my ccw for Colorado and I'm looking for a good daily carry pistol. I'm leaning toward the glocks since I have shot them for most of my life and they seem to do well out of the box as a good all around pistol. I'm thinking the g30 .45acp is what I'm going to buy but wondered what all you other guys are using for daily carry. I don't want a full frame so stick to subcompacts as I will have this on me at all times and need it to be comfortable. Any suggestions? I'll have it in a 3 o clock in a plastic holster with a longer 12 round clip.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
I really like my Glock 17. Has never let me down and is accurate. Nice and light too.:thumbsup:

txyaloo

Established Member
G27 is my carry weapon. .40 with interchangable barrels to run 9mm at the range and .357SIG if you get the urge. Plus, it's a little smaller than the G30. I personally think a .45 in a sub-compact is a little hard to handle due to the short barrel. I find it harder to get back on target quickly with it in a sub.

I'd also take a look at the Springfield XD series. They are the hot gun on the market right now, and I've really enjoyed shooting them. They're a little more expensive than Glocks but less expensive then HK, Sigs, etc.

XD9802.jpg

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
txyaloo said:
G27 is my carry weapon. .40 with interchangable barrels to run 9mm at the range and .357SIG if you get the urge. Plus, it's a little smaller than the G30. I personally think a .45 in a sub-compact is a little hard to handle due to the short barrel. I find it harder to get back on target quickly with it in a sub.

I'd also take a look at the Springfield XD series. They are the hot gun on the market right now, and I've really enjoyed shooting them. They're a little more expensive than Glocks but less expensive then HK, Sigs, etc.

How long have you carried the 27? I loved my brother's g23 but shot a g30 the other day and really liked it, I'm kinda between those 2 now and just need to decide so I can go start the check to buy one.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
you may want to visit glocktalk.com

I am in the same boat right now but my decision is between the 36 (single stack .45) and the 26 (11+1 9mm). Both are subcompact models; the 36 is narrower while the 26 is shorter. I am not a fan of the 30 for a cc weapon because of it's thickness. Some people don't care about printing and if you're one of them, by all means go for the 30. I'd prefer not to have people know so my focus is on concealment with the question left being whether I want 7 of .45 or 12 of 9mm.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Btw, I have a g23 & am an avg size person (6' 200ish) and I don't feel that it conceals well at all. If it were between the 30 & the 23, I'd sure as hell go with the 30. Concealing a bit longer slide isn't an issue but the extra height of the 23 can be a challenge.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
BlkLightning2K said:
don't get a glock 0.40, or this could be you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

from what i've read, this was not user error.

You have got to be kidding me. Not user error? Shooting one's self with a pistol that has three separate safety systems was not user error? That, my friend, is a fine example of a negligent discharge & nothing more.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I've been looking around glocktalk and still can't decide, I think I'm gonna go to the store again tomorrow and decide...leaning toward the .40 now tho just for the weight and size.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
You have got to be kidding me. Not user error? Shooting one's self with a pistol that has three separate safety systems was not user error? That, my friend, is a fine example of a negligent discharge & nothing more.

post has been edited, but not in time i guess. i got this confused with the 9mm, sorry blue.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
boostaholic said:
I've been looking around glocktalk and still can't decide, I think I'm gonna go to the store again tomorrow and decide...leaning toward the .40 now tho just for the weight and size.

I love my 23, fits my hand perfectly. Like I said, if concealment isn't that high of a priority for you, grab a 23 because you'll love it. If you want something a bit smaller & less noticeable, go with a subcompact. Either way you go, load it up with some speer gold dots and you'll be fine. Gotta love a bullet that retains +95% of its mass post-expansion.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I think I'll get a 23 just because I've shot one so many times, it isn't going to be my only glock anyway, right :-D

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
boostaholic said:
I think I'll get a 23 just because I've shot one so many times, it isn't going to be my only glock anyway, right :-D

you'll be like all the rest of us & have a pile of them before you know it. I have a blue label 36 spoken for at my dealer, have a 27 that my mom carries, & have my 23 beside me right now. Getting married in August otherwise I'd buy a couple more right now.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I was sick of just having a few shotguns laying around and I really missed having a glock, plus nobody at my work cares about anyone that carries.

Users who are viewing this thread